Hi,
    I bought new Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G955U for ATT. Initially It was good but now I am getting Call Ended when I call someone. More than 50% of call it is happening. Also, people are telling me they are keep calling me but I do not see any ring coming in or recent history does not show call ever came in. My family is OK with different phone e.g. iPhone, OnePlus etc. for the same carrier plan.

Note: I thought SIM was bad so to rule out issue I went to ATT and got new SIM as well and still same issue.
    10-27-2018 05:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Look for a setting for VoLTE in the system settings, and make sure it's turned on. It might be called Advanced Calling, HD Calling, or Enhanced 4G. AT&T shut down its 2G network a while ago, and relies on VoLTE for voice calls.

Also, go to Settings>Mobile Networks>Network Operators and make sure AT&T is selected.

When you talked to AT&T about the new SIM, did they suggest any other possibility for the dropped calls?
    10-28-2018 09:44 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Look for a setting for VoLTE in the system settings, and make sure it's turned on. It might be called Advanced Calling, HD Calling, or Enhanced 4G. AT&T shut down its 2G network a while ago, and relies on VoLTE for voice calls.

Also, go to Settings>Mobile Networks>Network Operators and make sure AT&T is selected.

When you talked to AT&T about the new SIM, did they suggest any other possibility for the dropped calls?
    Sort of. AT&T did shut their 2G (EDGE) network down, but they do still use the GSM based 3G for regular cellular calls. For phones that aren't allowed to use HD voice (VoLTE) on AT&T's network (unbranded, unlocked phones - except for the iPhone which is always allowed), they drop to 4G (really HSPA+, but not LTE) on the network status line.

But, even 3G is ending eventually.

As for this problem, AT&T really should have checked that the SIM worked before letting you out the door.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-11-2018 11:27 AM
    I have been missing calls and not getting a missed call notification. Now, my calls are dropping like crazy. I am really thinking about moving to an iPhone.
    06-18-2019 12:04 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Sorry to hear about your problems. Are you certain it's a phone-specific issue, or is it more related to your carrier? How's your cell signal strength when calls are missed or dropped?

Also, if you have some cheap case with a lot of bling on it, try removing it. Case-makers who don't know what they're doing and who put a lot of metal on it can cause problems with blocked cell signal.
    06-18-2019 03:33 PM