Hi

I'm trying to sort my boss' Galaxy S8. He tells me he did an update just before the error. It was in need of a charge when he gave it to me, but he described the issue exactly as is, so i don't think this was part of the cause. The phone charges fine when off, but not during the cycle that is described below.

When powered on it tries to boot and shows "Samsung Galaxy S8", before the screen goes black again, vibrates, and then shows the same screen. This process loops every ten seconds or so, and I believe would continue until the power runs out without intervention.

Holding the power button during the loop does nothing.

Holding the power button and volume down during the loop powers the phone off.

Holding the power button and volume down with the power off simply starts the loop.

Any suggestions?
    11-05-2018 04:47 AM
    Try holding down the power button, volume up and the Bixby button at the same time. But this sounds like a boot loop situation. There may be no coming back from this.
    11-05-2018 06:16 AM
    Hi

I'm trying to sort my boss' Galaxy S8. He tells me he did an update just before the error. It was in need of a charge when he gave it to me, but he described the issue exactly as is, so i don't think this was part of the cause. The phone charges fine when off, but not during the cycle that is described below.

When powered on it tries to boot and shows "Samsung Galaxy S8", before the screen goes black again, vibrates, and then shows the same screen. This process loops every ten seconds or so, and I believe would continue until the power runs out without intervention.

Holding the power button during the loop does nothing.

Holding the power button and volume down during the loop powers the phone off.

Holding the power button and volume down with the power off simply starts the loop.

Any suggestions?
    Something similar happened to mine after the update to Oreo. I tried everything, and the only thing that worked was sending it in to Samsung for repair.
    11-06-2018 06:50 AM
    Power off. Hold bixby and volume up buttons. While holding those buttons press and hold the power button. You'll boot into recovery. You should be able to hold these buttons during the boot loop and possibly interrupt the loop mid boot and get into recovery. Once in, factory reset will most likely be the only chance you have of recovering the phone. It honestly should work though. Might take a long while to reboot all the way after this, but it should boot all the way up.

Be sure to take out the memory card first before factory resetting the phone, if there is one. Just in case.
    11-12-2018 06:41 PM
    Power off. Hold bixby and volume up buttons. While holding those buttons press and hold the power button. You'll boot into recovery. You should be able to hold these buttons during the boot loop and possibly interrupt the loop mid boot and get into recovery. Once in, factory reset will most likely be the only chance you have of recovering the phone. It honestly should work though. Might take a long while to reboot all the way after this, but it should boot all the way up.

Be sure to take out the memory card first before factory resetting the phone, if there is one. Just in case.
    I have the same problem did the same thing and nothing. Samsung said to bring it in to them which i find bs
    11-25-2018 12:05 AM
    im now able to unlock my phone downloaded an app and then it turned off, now im just being cucked. please help im really not tryna pay for my brand new phone to be fixed
    11-25-2018 12:09 AM
    im now able to unlock my phone downloaded an app and then it turned off, now im just being cucked. please help im really not tryna pay for my brand new phone to be fixed
    11-25-2018 12:34 AM
    If you're in the UK you shouldn't have to pay. I did some research into this as I'm suspicious of consumer rights with respect to software updates.

The law in the UK applies to software and hardware failure, and especially if it's within 6 months of purchase you should automatically be entitled to a replacement or refund from the retailer and would be under no obligation to accept a repair in these circumstances.
    11-26-2018 05:32 AM