Firstly, I encountered the same exact problem with my S4. First few years on my S4, the battery worked well regardless if I was on data or wifi. But as years passed, a nagging problem came up, the battery drains quickly and the phone heats up whenever I use mobile data. Changing the battery didn't solve it and I only have a few apps running. I don't use any of the phone features at all. I only use my phone for browsing, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. And Tinder.

Now I bought the S8 thinking Samsung has already fixed this stupid problem. Barely 1 year with me, the S8 is now showing the same problems as my S4. Problems that weren't there when the phone was still new. Note that there were no new apps or features used/installed from that time until now.

What's weird is that my mom's S7 Edge doesn't suffer from the same fate. Having her mobile data turned on the entire day doesn't drain her battery even if the phone is older than my S8.

I will go and have the battery changed but if the problem will persist, this will probably be the last time I will be using a Samsung phone.

Anyone with similar encounters?
    11-07-2018 03:55 AM
    Have you looked at the settings, battery usage and turned off the culprit?
    11-07-2018 08:01 AM