Remove Bixby vision prompt in camera app

mark7914

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
Every time I open the camera, before I can do anything else, I have to click to get rid of an overlaid popup that tells me to point the camera at things and use Bixby to identify them.

The Bixby service is disabled on my phone so it wouldn't work anyway. Is there any way to get rid of that pop-up for good?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried re-enabling Bixby Vision and then clearing the pop up? Maybe that's why it's not registering? Or clearing cache/data from the camera app (you will have to re-configure to your liking after doing that,though)? I don't see any pop ups on mine, but I don't disable anything Bixby (I just don't use it).

mark7914

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
The entire Bixby service is disabled at system level e.g. it cannot start (package blocked from running), the button does nothing when pressed. That used to drive me mad as it's so easy to press inadvertently.

There's no setting I can see in the camera app related to Bixby. However this prompt has always been there, before disabling, and after. But oddly enough it isn't doing it now even if I close the camera app and then open it again. Weird, since it normally does appear.

It's like one of those first-use pop-up tips, except when closed, it doesn't vanish for good.

Pretty sure it will come back, I'll grab a screen shot when next I see it.

mark7914

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
This has gone now. I can only imagine I pressed something and it remembered that state, and I've managed to press it again and turn it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12