Problem installing Verizon Visual Voice Mail app on S8 +

edelralph

Nov 30, 2018
Visit site
I cannot install the Verizon Visual Voice Mail app on my new S8+. When I find that app using PlayStore and try to download it, I am told it is incompatible with my phone. I downloaded this app yesterday on my Samsung S5. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Any thoughts about why I cannot download that app on the S8 +? Verizon chat person couldn't do it either. Referred problem to Samsung. I hope they can help. Many thanks..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the S8+ forum, since the former is intended for developers to promote their apps.

Did you get your phone from Verizon, or did you get it from somewhere else and bring it to Verizon? If it wasn't a Verizon model, that's probably why it isn't compatible.

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
if it's an unlocked phone or another carrier visual voicemail will not work unless you flash the Verizon software on the phone which will then also bring the bloatware.

I use a service called YouMail for visual voicemail it's pretty easy to set up and works flawlessly and also block spam calls