It's going to be a 2 year old android phone come June. So who's keeping it longer?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-16-2018 02:37 AM
    Better to wait a couple of months after. Better screen, lower prices etc etc.
    Don't wanna have that red tint debacle again.
    I got mine at 20 April 2017. June is still too early for a new design.
    12-16-2018 03:16 AM
    I've had my S8 since June 2017 but then bought a Note 8 this August. I gave the S8 to my wife and she loves it.
    It's the larger screen, dual cameras and extra memory that I like, not forgetting the S Pen.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-16-2018 06:45 AM
    I plan on trading in my S8 for the S10. The S8 has been a remarkable device. Probably the best phone I've ever owned. I've had it since launch.
    12-16-2018 09:32 AM
    I really liked the S8. It was the first Samsung phone I actually considered buying. I would've kept it for at least a year and a half had I gone for it. The bigger screen and display looked really beautiful.
    gendo667 likes this.
    12-16-2018 09:39 AM
    honestly I would have kept my s6 all this time if the S8 redesign wasn't so amazing I love the heck out of my s6 and I love my S8 even more I don't think I'll ever use another phone. I love the theming I love my modded bixby button I love and I could never live without Samsung Pay.

my first S8 had screen burn-in issues and problems so I sold it and had the option of getting the s9 but I love my fingerprint scanner location believe it or not so I purchased a new S8

I honestly think this is the best phone I'll ever have
    smokyi likes this.
    12-16-2018 10:32 AM
    It's a good phone, a little narrow and the pink gint issue got fixed but honestly I kinda wanted something wider.

The TouchWiz lags when opening up the search function and all the applications refresh in the background.

Overall I cannot complain, it's very reliable and I use Samsung play a lot.

I do want to try a one plus or probably go back to iPhone.

I'm gonna remap the Bixby button.

Probably my biggest complain ks the size, I want to use my computer less and do my casual activities on my phone. Which really is my goal.

The s10 is probably gonna cost 1000 bucks and those days of paying for that are done. I can get a 8 plus who h have the older 16.9 dimensions and 256 gig for 500 bucks which is a good deal only downside is its ios restrictions. So no YouTube mods no nothing.
    12-16-2018 12:27 PM
    The TouchWiz lags when opening up the search function and all the applications refresh in the background.
    Have you ever Factory Reset your phone? the reason I ask is because I was going thru the same exact problems and after a factory reset the phone is pretty much out of the box fast again. so I set myself a once a year reminder to factory reset my phone because it really does help a lot. (gonna do a clean install of the new update whenever it hits the servers)
    gendo667 and Morty2264 like this.
    12-17-2018 09:26 AM
    Have you ever Factory Reset your phone? the reason I ask is because I was going thru the same exact problems and after a factory reset the phone is pretty much out of the box fast again. so I set myself a once a year reminder to factory reset my phone because it really does help a lot. (gonna do a clean install of the new update whenever it hits the servers)
    This! Keeps a phone like new.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-17-2018 09:34 AM
    Yes - factory resets really do work wonders!
    gendo667 likes this.
    12-17-2018 02:03 PM
    Waiting on the s10 to release and will trade in my s8+. It's been my best phone for sure!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-19-2018 02:46 PM
    Waiting on the s10 to release and will trade in my s8+. It's been my best phone for sure!
    I'm interested in seeing the S10 up-close, as well.
    12-19-2018 11:58 PM
    All depends on the S10 for me. There are a few other impressive Android devices on the market but i feel at the moment Samsung devices are still slightly better than the competition.
    12-21-2018 09:43 AM
    My phone is a gadget used to look at stuff on the internet occasionally and check emails. I don't do much more with it than that. None of the more advanced features are enabled, I have the OS locked down to prevent it detecting updates and hopefully minimise spyware (e.g. Samsung), and it all works flawlessly like it did out of the box.

Everything works, every day, just like it did yesterday and will tomorrow. I've never had a phone like that before. Battery optimisation and life are very good. Relatively, not in absolute terms. I can't see any reason to change it e.g. were I a budding photographer I'd probably buy an actual camera not a phone and that seems to be the main thing being pushed with the S9.

Were it my Swiss Army Knife of all things Internet Access than I might be able to see a justification for something just a shade quicker but it isn't. That's a desktop PC with two big monitors.

Until we can get to batteries that last for days. screens and keyboards that can project into thin air affordably and a more "finished" operating system (e.g. with rollback and the other things you'd expect are basics of an OS) I think these devices are going to struggle for anything more than tiny incremental updates.
    Tcbemis likes this.
    12-23-2018 05:30 AM
    I am going to try and keep my 8+ for three years.
    12-28-2018 09:49 AM
    I'm keeping my S8 Active for at least another year. I got it spring of 2018.
    01-09-2019 12:25 AM