It's a stange occurrence. Recently after getting my S8 Plus, while typing out "you" in uppercase or lowercase in any field, the keyboard would swap to the symbols section just as I press "u". It seems to just be with that word, no other words with those individual letters give me a problem.
    You can imagine how annoying it gets when you have to always swap back to the alphabetical keyboard as you're typing out sentences.
    So far I can't seem to find what could be causing it or what could be set differently on the S8's settings.
    12-24-2018 03:18 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try clearing the cache and data from the keyboard app in Settings>Apps​.
    12-24-2018 05:46 AM
    @B. Diddy: I did try what you said above, but I could not find the Samsung Keyboard app under Apps in Settings. Strange, because I did see it come up when selecting "Languages and types" when accessing settings via the input field. But from there I changed the Input Language to English(UK) instead of the default English(US) under "Manage Input Languages". It seems as if the auto-correct feature contributed to the weird keyboard swap, but now starting from scratch I can type "you" correctly without any of the previous hassles.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-17-2019 08:41 AM
    Glad you found the solution! In the future, to find the keyboard app in the app manager, go to Settings>Apps, then tap Menu>Show System. Now look for Samsung Keyboard.
    01-17-2019 11:27 AM