I can't get a Samsung fast wireless charger to charge my s8+. Phone show fast charging, but the percentage goes down. Not up.
    I've tried 2 new Samsung fast chargers.
    Anyone had this problem? Or know what I can do to my phone to correct this problem?
    I have rebooted my phone and unplugged charger, and started over. Still same thing.
    12-28-2018 12:51 PM
    but the percentage goes down. Not up.
    Bad battery.
    12-28-2018 02:27 PM
    Your saying my battery in phone is bad? It fast charges with cable.
    12-28-2018 02:35 PM
    I had the same problem with my first S8+. Best Buy took it back and replaced it with a new one (within the two week return). 2nd new started the same thing as yours after 3-4 days, BB wouldn't replace it. I tried 2 chargers, 2 cords, and combinations of the same. All worked fine with a co-worker's S7 but when mine showed charging at all (sometimes just ignored the charger) the phone actually lost charge while sitting on the charger. Spent hours and hours on the phone with Samsung tech support, to no avail. Because I didn't want to ship a brand new phone back to Samsung for repair, I lived without wireless charging for a year. Finally took it recently to YouBreak IFix, they diagnosed a bad main board. Just got it back from Samsung a couple of days ago, they replaced the board and wireless charging us now working perfectly.
    12-29-2018 11:52 AM
    I had the same problem with my first S8+. Best Buy took it back and replaced it with a new one (within the two week return). 2nd new started the same thing as yours after 3-4 days, BB wouldn't replace it. I tried 2 chargers, 2 cords, and combinations of the same. All worked fine with a co-worker's S7 but when mine showed charging at all (sometimes just ignored the charger) the phone actually lost charge while sitting on the charger. Spent hours and hours on the phone with Samsung tech support, to no avail. Because I didn't want to ship a brand new phone back to Samsung for repair, I lived without wireless charging for a year. Finally took it recently to YouBreak IFix, they diagnosed a bad main board. Just got it back from Samsung a couple of days ago, they replaced the board and wireless charging us now working perfectly.
    Thanks, my phone is not new, so I don't want to pay Samsung to work on it, as long as it charges with cable.
    What did it cost you to get it fixed, if you don't mind me asking.
    Plus not sure there is a I fix it store in my area close.
    12-29-2018 03:05 PM
    Thanks, my phone is not new, so I don't want to pay Samsung to work on it, as long as it charges with cable.
    What did it cost you to get it fixed, if you don't mind me asking.
    Plus not sure there is a I fix it store in my area close.
    1. UBreak IFix diagnosed the board problem but couldn't do the repair, referred me back to Samsung.
    2. My phone was two weeks from going out of warranty, I shipped it to them and they fixed it under warranty at no cost.
    nonie likes this.
    12-29-2018 09:01 PM