Hello all, I have a new problem. For over a year over been using the wireless fast charging with my S8+. I have 3 fast chargers. 1 uses the original Samsung brick, the other 2 use 3rd party. 1 anker and one pleson. Never had a problem. About 2 weeks ago I noticed that my phone was not fast charging anymore. I've tried everything on the phone. Even did a factory reset as they recommended. So I experimented with the chargers. If I use the Samsung brick all the wireless pads work as intended. If I use the 3rd party, just slow charge. I tried every combo of cable, brick and pad. And the only brick that works is the Samsung. So my question is, did Samsung kill 3rd party support? Am I now forced to buy a few Samsung charger bricks? If so this is a pretty scumbag Apple thing to do. Anyone have any ideas before I go buy new bricks?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    01-17-2019 07:00 AM
    Do you have a voltmeter? What is the output of the aftermarket bricks?
    01-17-2019 07:45 AM
    Samsung chargers are not required. My S8+ and my kid's S8 both fast charge with the Anker (and Aukey) QC 2.0 and QC3.0 wall and car chargers.
    01-17-2019 07:36 PM
    Hello all, I have a new problem. For over a year over been using the wireless fast charging with my S8+. I have 3 fast chargers. 1 uses the original Samsung brick, the other 2 use 3rd party. 1 anker and one pleson. Never had a problem. About 2 weeks ago I noticed that my phone was not fast charging anymore. I've tried everything on the phone. Even did a factory reset as they recommended. So I experimented with the chargers. If I use the Samsung brick all the wireless pads work as intended. If I use the 3rd party, just slow charge. I tried every combo of cable, brick and pad. And the only brick that works is the Samsung. So my question is, did Samsung kill 3rd party support? Am I now forced to buy a few Samsung charger bricks? If so this is a pretty scumbag Apple thing to do. Anyone have any ideas before I go buy new bricks?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    I believe that you are mentioning about the wireless fast charging.
    I just experienced this yesterday when the anker dock (QC 3.0) cannot power up the fast charging of the Samsung wireless charger.
    But when I switched back to the Samsung dock, the Samsung wireless charger immediately started its fast charging function.
    01-21-2019 09:49 AM