IN launcher - Love Emojis & GIFs, Themes app by ONE App Team on Samsung S8 - how to remove

donna27520

Jan 26, 2019
Visit site
Mom installed IN launcher - Love Emojis & GIFs, Themes app by ONE App Team on Samsung S8. When I click on the Google Play Store, there is no uninstall option. App has taken over her phone and changed settings. Has anyone been able to remove this without doing a factory reset?

The challenge is that the App is not appearing in the apps listing under Settings > Apps. It has installed though because it has changed her phone.

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: IN launcher - Love Emojis & GIFs, Themes app by ONE App Team on Samsung S8 - how to remove

Welcome to the forums. With some apps you need some extra steps to uninstall them.

First switch back to the stock launcher app in settings - apps - default apps - home app.

Now go to settings - apps - select the app you want to uninstall - force stop - clear defaults - storage - clear data and then the uninstall button should be available.

donna27520

Jan 26, 2019
Visit site
Re: IN launcher - Love Emojis & GIFs, Themes app by ONE App Team on Samsung S8 - how to remove

The challenge is that the App is not in the listing of Apps.

donna27520

Jan 26, 2019
Visit site

I've opened Settings > Apps > Default apps > Home screen and have turned on the Samsung Experience Home app which is the only option listed. I then go to Settings > Apps > All apps to look for IN Launcher Love Emojis. It's not in the list but the appearance of her phone has been changed so it definitely installed.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

The challenge is that the App is not in the listing of Apps.
That's weird. Can you switch back to the stock launcher? Also, go to settings - accessibility and see what's checked under device administrator. Did she install this app from the Play Store or from a different source

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I've opened Settings > Apps > Default apps > Home screen and have turned on the Samsung Experience Home app which is the only option listed. I then go to Settings > Apps > All apps to look for IN Launcher Love Emojis. It's not in the list but the appearance of her phone has been changed so it definitely installed.
We posted at the same time :) Did switching back to Samsung Experience make any difference on the home screens?

donna27520

Jan 26, 2019
Visit site

I just did a soft reset on the phone hoping that might work after switching back to Samsung Experience. No change. I opened Settings > Accessibility but don't see device administrator. It has Vision, Hearing, and Dexterity and interaction categories. It also has Text-to-speech, Direction lock, Direct access, Accessibility shortcut, Notification reminder, Answering and ending calls, Single tap mode, Accessibility settings back-up. Services: Security & Privacy, TalkBack, Select to Speak, Switch Access, My Verizon Guided navigation, and Norton Security Service. Am I in the wrong screen?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

I just did a soft reset on the phone hoping that might work after switching back to Samsung Experience. No change. I opened Settings > Accessibility but don't see device administrator. It has Vision, Hearing, and Dexterity and interaction categories. It also has Text-to-speech, Direction lock, Direct access, Accessibility shortcut, Notification reminder, Answering and ending calls, Single tap mode, Accessibility settings back-up. Services: Security & Privacy, TalkBack, Select to Speak, Switch Access, My Verizon Guided navigation, and Norton Security Service. Am I in the wrong screen?
Yeah, sorry. After Oreo the device admin option is in settings - apps - special app access.

donna27520

Jan 26, 2019
Visit site

3 choices under Device Admin Apps - Find My Device, Lookout, Norton Mobile Security

donna27520

Jan 26, 2019
Visit site

She did install the app via the Google Play Store.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

3 choices under Device Admin Apps - Find My Device, Lookout, Norton Mobile Security
Nothing there. There must be a way to find that app in the settings. What options do you get from the Play Store? Can you open it from there?

By the way, this is the app you are talking about, right?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.emoticon.screen.home.launcher

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

She did install the app via the Google Play Store.
We can try a different approach. This app includes permissions for almost everything so let's check that. Go to settings - apps - special app access - display over other apps and see what's listed in there. The In Launcher should be one of those apps, probably with a different name.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Another place to find the name of this app could be in the battery usage settings.

donna27520

Jan 26, 2019
Visit site
The link that you sent through is the app that I'm talking about. If I go to the App Store, the only option there is Install. I didn't do that thinking it would just make matters worse.

I've tried all the suggestions above. I compared her Apps against mine and I'm not spotting anything unusual. The description of the app is what concerns me. I don't want to leave some type of hidden app on her phone that has that much control over her phone.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The link that you sent through is the app that I'm talking about. If I go to the App Store, the only option there is Install. I didn't do that thinking it would just make matters worse.

I've tried all the suggestions above. I compared her Apps against mine and I'm not spotting anything unusual. The description of the app is what concerns me. I don't want to leave some type of hidden app on her phone that has that much control over her phone.
Install? That means the app is not installed in her phone and the cause of the problem is somewhere else.

donna27520

Jan 26, 2019
Visit site
She did click install and the most visible change was to the wallpaper. It switched it the App wallpaper. It also turned off her Life360 app. The message in Google Play remained as Install though. I've reset the wallpaper to standard Samsung so that's fixed. Just concerned it's still somewhere on her phone. Thinking about sending her up to the Verizon store and letting them run diagnostics on it.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
She did click install and the most visible change was to the wallpaper. It switched it the App wallpaper. It also turned off her Life360 app. The message in Google Play remained as Install though. I've reset the wallpaper to standard Samsung so that's fixed. Just concerned it's still somewhere on her phone. Thinking about sending her up to the Verizon store and letting them run diagnostics on it.
I'm not sure what else to suggest. If the app is uninstalled it shouldn't be causing any issue. What exactly is happening on her phone that makes you worried?

donna27520

Jan 26, 2019
Visit site
Thank you for all the suggestions. My concern is that it appears to be a very invasive app in terms of what it takes control of on the phone. I'll post what we find out from Verizon here in case someone else needs the information.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay