Hi, my S8+ hit the ground yesterday. The screen is fine, but there are lots of things broken:

• When I turn on any app with the camera (Camera, Instagram, etc) the phone freezes and I have to kill the app.
    • The flashlights appears with a light blue color. When I tap on it it says that other app is already using the flashlight (although it is off)
    • I found out that there are 2 apps draining my battery. They are system apps. One is Camera Test and the other is Camera User Iris or something similar

The rest of the functions of the phone work fine. Wifi, data, celular, sound, fingerprint, display, all works fine.

Do you think this is software or hardware. In case this is hardware, it is the camera or maybe the motherboard?

Any tips will be appreciated,
    Thanks!
    02-04-2019 10:14 AM
    The camera can be very sensitive to impact because it has numerous small moving parts(optical image stabilization) if the camera is damaged it could have messed the flash up. Its also possible shock of impact knocked connectors to the motherboard loose, but I highly doubt the board itself got damaged.

Because this happened after dropping it software is very unlikely to be the problem.

Probably the only way to know for sure is have the phone opened up and repaired.
    andyandro and B. Diddy like this.
    02-04-2019 10:59 AM