Hello,

I've got a weird problem with my Samsung S8. It started making a loud beep every 30 seconds or so. I've seen it's a fairly common problem, but the proposed solutions don't work in my case for some reason:

I've turned off NFC and the problem continues;
    I've turned off Bluetooth and the problem continues;
    I've put the phone in flight mode and the problem continues (I actually have a flight tomorrow and this could be annoying for 2 hours I guess... that makes for a whopping 240 beeps!);
    I've uninstalled a bunch of applications I didn't need and the problem continues;
    I've turned OFF my phone and the problem continues - yes every 30 seconds even with the phone switched off!
    I've wiped out the cache and the problem continues;
    I've also booted in safe mode and the problem continues.
    That's it for the solutions I've found on the internet and on this forum as well... does anybody have another idea? I'm currently trying to drain the battery completely and seeing if even WITHOUT BATTERY the problem continues. The next step will be the exorcist I guess.

Please help.

Please.
    02-07-2019 03:49 PM
    So far as I can see you've tried everything that might be expected to fix it.
    If it beeps even when powered off - if that's what you mean when you say you've switched off - there's something seriously wrong.
    Moved to S8 for suggestions from other users - though this beeping problem is not I believe unique to that device.
    02-07-2019 04:50 PM
    So far as I can see you've tried everything that might be expected to fix it.
    If it beeps even when powered off - if that's what you mean when you say you've switched off - there's something seriously wrong.
    Moved to S8 for suggestions from other users - though this beeping problem is not I believe unique to that device.
    Yes, by switched off I mean powered off. I literally tried every fix I could find on Google. I'm thinking the NFC module is maybe turned ON even if that's not what the uI tells me? But even if it is, I cleared the room of every other NFC device so I don't see how that could be the problem.
    02-07-2019 05:08 PM
    ^ No, I agree, NFC can cause that problem but in your case you've not only tried that fix, but tried it more thoroughly than would normally be expected. I'm inclined to think that there's some unknown hardware problem, and another team member is of the same opinion.
    I wonder whether the battery or something connected to it may be bad. I don't have the technical knowledge to know how likely that, or any other hardware fault, is, but others here may.

Welcome as a new member at least.
    02-07-2019 05:36 PM
    The tell that it's a hardware problem is that you turned the phone off and the beeping continues. Either something is continuously connected to power and causing the beeping (if it's a regular 30s beep I'd say a capacitor or frequency component). But this definitely needs hardware repair.

Only other think I can think of is a very (insert expletives here) person placing a timed beeper in your phone as a joke (I've seen these for desks, but hey, they can fit inside a phone...)
    02-07-2019 05:41 PM