S8+ Camera question

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the standard camera app that came with my S8+. Every now and then, when I try to capture an image, I can't get the shutter to "click." Instead, the screen presents a series of vertical lines along the bottom of the screen. They seem to represent some type of setting that I'm supposed to adjust, but I don't know how or what the lines mean. I can't take a screen capture to show what I'm seeing, so please forgive my explanation. I just want the camera to capture the image without any further adjustment. Thanks.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
I tried to reproduce the problem but I can't get vertical lines at all. You get settings if you swipe up from bottom of the frame, you reverse the cameras if you swipe up from the bottom of the phone..
Where are you touching when this happens?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
OK... If you put your finger on the shutter button and drag it to left or right, that will give you the zoom function. Those lines will be the scale I imagine... Ignore them, remove finger and just tap gently on the button. You can also use voice command or volume buttons to shoot. Voice works well, just point the camera, frame the shot and say "shoot" or whatever and it will take the pic. This avoids camera shake!

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I reproduced the lines, accidentally. They will appear when I slide the shutter left or right. See the attached pic. However, it seems that they appear when I first press the shutter, and look just like the attached pic, starting at x1.0. Maybe I inadvertently slide the shutter when I try to press it.

Didn't see your second post until right now. You got it!!

But I can't just ignore them and tap the shutter. It seems that I have to close and re-open the camera.

Attachments

• IMG_8160.jpg
    IMG_8160.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 16

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
That is the problem with all these gesture based adjustments, all fine and well if you know the bloody gestures... :)
You have a great camera there, it takes amazing pictures, I love my S8!

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'll bump this thread to report that the shutter usually does not slide left or right when the zoom scale appears. At that point I can't capture a picture, at least not by pressing the shutter button. This occurs when I am close (12-18") from my target. It's annoying enough to look for a different camera app!