I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 plus, and the usb output is not transmitting data. Only the charging function works. What can I do?
    02-12-2019 08:17 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you trying to connect it to a computer to transfer data? If so, are you swiping down the notification panel after plugging in, and then tapping the USB icon to change the connection mode to MTP?

Have you also tried other cables?
    Rukbat likes this.
    02-12-2019 11:03 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you trying to connect it to a computer to transfer data? If so, are you swiping down the notification panel after plugging in, and then tapping the USB icon to change the connection mode to MTP?

Have you also tried other cables?

Yes, I'm trying to connect to a computer and to my car, but it does't work.. I tried other cables, tried the MTP mode, tried to install new drives on the computer but nothing worked
    02-13-2019 06:24 PM
    The USB port might be dirty, or it might be faulty. Use a can of compressed air to blow out the port, and a small Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean the contacts. If the problem persists, you may have to get the port replaced. Is the phone still under warranty?

If it's not working in your car, then it's unlikely to be a driver issue on your computer.
    02-13-2019 06:44 PM
    Thank u very much B Diddy! I'll try your tips and come back with the results. I hope it works!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-16-2019 07:36 AM
    i found the reason just now. i rooted my galaxy s8 with a modified kernel and magisk, and this results this issue. after restoring firmware to stock with smart switch, everything worked normally. now my problem is solved.
    02-20-2019 05:35 AM