After having my S8 for 6 weeks, I experience:

- battery drain (some days none, some days will drain the battery in 8 hours) and I can't see a causal pattern

- if I turn on speaker phone, the next phone call won't work-- I can hear the speaker but they can't hear me (restarting the phone once or sometimes twice will fix this)

I've done a factory reset and taken my phone to a licensed Samsung dealer, who told me the problem was probably due to a system update, which does not make sense to me. I can't find anyone else having had these issues on this phone.

Obviously, I'm highly disappointed that I got a lemon with the Samsung S8!
    03-07-2019 01:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The next time you see quick battery drain, show us screenshots of the following:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll have to register on this forum first. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html

You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.
    03-07-2019 09:08 PM