Hi folks!
    I've only had my S8 for just under a year (coming from the Note 5), and with the last update, I seem to be having issues with the native app for emails that comes with the phone.

I have 4 emails, and my main email is a hotmail account. On every phone I've had, I have NEVER had an issue with deleting emails from my phone AND on the server. Well, ever since this update, that's been an issue! My other 3 emails do this too, but that was consistent with all my phones. My hotmail always had an option NOT to delete from the server, but I cannot find it now with the update. This is driving me crazy!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm off to youtube to see if someone has any advice
    03-10-2019 12:38 PM
    It depends on whether the server is set up (usually from the webmail page) as a POP3 or IMAP server, and whether "when deleting, delete from the server" (if the choice is there) is selected or not. Check the settings at the webmail page first and set them to what you want (POP3 always deletes from the server unless told not to, IMAP never deletes from the server unless told to), then set the app to match.
    03-10-2019 01:00 PM
    I have it on POP on hotmail, but when I check server settings, I cannot get a menu to give me the option to change on my phone now. Before you could get the option for IMAP or POP, now, it just sets it up on it's own, and the only thing I can see is the email server.
    03-10-2019 01:54 PM
    The latest update to the native email app is brutal!
    03-10-2019 02:29 PM
    Thanks! I figured I wasn't the only one---I don't understand why they feel the need to change something that is working fine. I also miss my customizable text notifications! Like, why remove something that was so useful???
    03-10-2019 02:59 PM
    It depends on whether the server is set up (usually from the webmail page) as a POP3 or IMAP server, and whether "when deleting, delete from the server" (if the choice is there) is selected or not. Check the settings at the webmail page first and set them to what you want (POP3 always deletes from the server unless told not to, IMAP never deletes from the server unless told to), then set the app to match.
    I've done this and it still is deleting from the server if I delete on my phone. I've got everything checked correctly, however the new email options do not give you the option to chose POP over IMAP
    03-11-2019 01:57 PM