March 24 no Pie update

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
S8+ was supposed to get Pie this month, but here we are the 24th and it hasn't happened yet. Did they do a 180 and decide not to roll it out to s8+ phones? Disappointing.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Samsung doesn't always do what Samsung says Samsung is going to do.

2. Once the rollout begins, only a few phones get it at a time. Considering that there are probably a few million S8s, it could take a month until you get yours. You could always look on XDA Forums to see if someone captured the update file and made it available for download. ("Captured", because it deletes itself after updating the phone.)

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Verizon. That's probably just as much to do with it as anything. They gotta make sure their bloat is compatible, and that can take them forever.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Sprint just rolled it out yesterday for the S8, S8+ and the Note 8. Updates go out gradually so not everyone will get it on the 1st day.

carguyjohn350

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
My S8+ on Sprint got it today. I would have preferred not to. Its change for change sake, the clock is on the wrong side now and my call recorder (totally legal where I live) doesn't work anymore because of new permissions.

Psycmeistr

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Just got my update this morning--only to find out that the new PIE update doesn't support--and in fact BLOCKS call recording.

I'm a freelance reporter and I DEPEND on call recording for recording interviews-- this REALLY sucks.

From what I understand, Samsung has a workaround, but it seems to be only on SOME models (NOT s8 Plus). I guess Samsung Note 9 and s9s are getting the ONE UI update that supports call recording.

Any idea on how I can access the ONE UI for s8 Plus?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site