T-Mobile Galaxy S8 Clock display during wireless charging gone after Android 9 update.

tribexx

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I have been using my S8+ since 2017. I have had multiple wireless charging stands and I keep one by my bed and one at work. When I looked up at night, I could see the time on the phone as it was charging, the same at work...

After the update, it no longer displays the time during wireless charging, and I can't find anything in settings to change this....

Any ideas?

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
settings -> lock screen -> always on display. Make sure it's toggled on, and then scroll down to where it says "Display mode" and make sure it says show always.

also try: settings -> lock screen -> clock style -> always on display. click one of the clock styles (i think it defaults to blank, so make sure to pick one).

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
FWIW, I installed Google Clock. Then in Display settings, I enable screen saver and selected clock. You can configure as desired. It has a dark room dim mode. I don't use AOD so this works well for me anyway. Though glad you got it sorted.

TheGeekNextDoor

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I installed Google Clock. Then in Display settings, I enable screen saver and selected clock. You can configure as desired. It has a dark room dim mode. I don't use AOD so this works well for me anyway. Though glad you got it sorted.

That is exactly what I do. You can also install Widget Screensaver and use any widget you want as a screensaver. This is what I love about android. Apps can just randomly make things available to other apps and you don't even know! Took me awhile to figure out I was using the google clock on my screensaver when I upgraded phones.

Abby Normal

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I just got the update overnight and was trying to list me issues and this was one of them...... Thank You for posting these answers they did the trick...

I gotta quick staying away for long times

rexster314

May 13, 2011
Visit site
settings -> lock screen -> always on display. Make sure it's toggled on, and then scroll down to where it says "Display mode" and make sure it says show always.

also try: settings -> lock screen -> clock style -> always on display. click one of the clock styles (i think it defaults to blank, so make sure to pick one).

Mine hasn't worked since the Pie update. I've tried these settings with no luck. Any other suggestions?