Hello, I bought a second hand s8 plus and it has given me a lot of trouble. The first two days of having the phone were grand, everything was working as it should be.

Then all of a sudden when I was taking or making a call nobody could hear me, the microphone wasn't working and also when I had earphones plugged into the phone it would not even detect the earphones. Any music or sound would just come through the phone speakers. I tried multiple pairs of earphones all of which worked on other devices.

The microphone issue went away after a reset of the phone but the earphone jack issue was still there. Another few days later when ever I plugged in the earphones they worked which was great but then later that day I noticed I did not have any network coverage so I could not make or receive calls or use mobile data. This issue persisted until I reset the phone once again which solved the issue but once again the headphone jack does not work again.

Does anybody know what could be wrong or is the phone cursed?
    04-17-2019 02:04 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do all of these issues persist in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-34283
    04-17-2019 08:05 PM
    Hello, I bought a second hand s8 plus and it has given me a lot of trouble. The first two days of having the phone were grand, everything was working as it should be.

Then all of a sudden when I was taking or making a call nobody could hear me, the microphone wasn't working and also when I had earphones plugged into the phone it would not even detect the earphones. Any music or sound would just come through the phone speakers. I tried multiple pairs of earphones all of which worked on other devices.

The microphone issue went away after a reset of the phone but the earphone jack issue was still there. Another few days later when ever I plugged in the earphones they worked which was great but then later that day I noticed I did not have any network coverage so I could not make or receive calls or use mobile data. This issue persisted until I reset the phone once again which solved the issue but once again the headphone jack does not work again.

Does anybody know what could be wrong or is the phone cursed?
    I would try another set of headphones to make sure you dont have a faulty one , if that's ok try cleaning the port by blow in it might be build up in there .
    04-17-2019 08:08 PM