So I was trying to see what all is going on with this new update and also trying to get my phone back the way it was before update....

Somehow I click "ON" and got an icon at the bottom of desktop for APPS.... Now I can't remove it..... it is in that area at the bottom that stays there no matter what desktop you are on..... I have tried a long hold to move it but nothing works.....

I also have some semi transparent thing that I can move around the desktop but can't remove also... when touched it is a two page menu for different things....... I would prefer NOT to have this... usually I can just long press and slide these things around until the X shows up and remove it that way... but not this one.....

any help would be appreciated
    04-20-2019 09:20 AM
    So I was trying to see what all is going on with this new update and also trying to get my phone back the way it was before update....

Somehow I click "ON" and got an icon at the bottom of desktop for APPS.... Now I can't remove it..... it is in that area at the bottom that stays there no matter what desktop you are on..... I have tried a long hold to move it but nothing works.....

I also have some semi transparent thing that I can move around the desktop but can't remove also... when touched it is a two page menu for different things....... I would prefer NOT to have this... usually I can just long press and slide these things around until the X shows up and remove it that way... but not this one.....

any help would be appreciated
    Check your accessibility setting , probably a floating icon your seeing.
    04-20-2019 09:23 AM
    Thanks, I just looked there and can't seem to find where to turn on or off a floating icon.....
    04-20-2019 09:28 AM
    Thanks, I just looked there and can't seem to find where to turn on or off a floating icon.....
    Can you post a screenshot of that menu when you tap the floating icon?
    04-20-2019 09:29 AM
    I will try, haven't done that before.. but it is a transparent circle with 4 black dots... that look like this two dots on top of two dots

04-20-2019 09:33 AM
    Ok, inside the menu from that floating icon is a way to take a screen shot... I got that but how do I post it here...
    04-20-2019 09:34 AM
    Ok, inside the menu from that floating icon is a way to take a screen shot... I got that but how do I post it here...

It seems it doesn't show up in a screen shot.....
    The items in the menu are - recents home back screen off volume screen shots on one page and notification pinch zoom phone options cursor screen control menu settings on the other page.
    Hope this helps.
    04-20-2019 09:38 AM
    More info... the floating icon shows up as a white circle with the dots and after a short time it turns transparent and blends in with the background

Also I have taken two screenshots one with the circle and one with the menu opened and neither one appears on the photo.......
    04-20-2019 09:41 AM
    That's the Assistant Menu. Just go to the accessibility settings, interaction and dexterity, and turn off assistant menu.
    B. Diddy and mustang7757 like this.
    04-20-2019 02:19 PM
    That did it... I owe you a beer.... THANKS
    SpookDroid likes this.
    04-20-2019 05:18 PM
    Now if I can just figure out how to get that app icon out of the bottom of desktop life can get back to normal...LOL
    04-20-2019 05:57 PM
    For that one open the app list, tap the menu button, select Home screen settings, and just turn off the Apps button.
    04-20-2019 08:39 PM
    Thanks Spook didn't have time to respond
    That's the Assistant Menu. Just go to the accessibility settings, interaction and dexterity, and turn off assistant menu.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    04-20-2019 10:54 PM
    Thanks for the both of you.... Both issues solved......
    04-21-2019 08:40 AM
    Glad we could help!
    04-21-2019 11:05 AM