After UI One update and Bixby

Abby Normal

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
So now once again the Bixby button works....

I really don't like Bixby and thought I had it either shut off or removed but now it is back again after this update...

Does anyone how to remove this @#$%^ Bixby ?

mark7914

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
To completely disable it you need, IIRC, "Package Disabler Pro (Samsung)"

Once installed you can then completely disable Bixby and its associated functions.

This makes the assumption that this solution, which worked for Android 7, works with newer versions and the OS cannot override it.

Also, the download is only available in the Play Store for certain periods of time. I suspect Samsung don't like it very much since it enables the user to control the device.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
So now once again the Bixby button works....

I really don't like Bixby and thought I had it either shut off or removed but now it is back again after this update...

Does anyone how to remove this @#$%^ Bixby ?

Yeah
Trade your phone in on something other than Samsung.

I have Bixby actions

Don't work all the time.
Wife is continually complaining about hitting the Bixby button.

mark7914

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
Installing the Package Disabler (post above) - assuming it's still available - doesn't reroute the button to any other action. It simply means that pressing the button no longer does anything.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
My wife's worked like that at 1st.
Then quit.

Bixby is something that Samsung sprang on us after they spent millions of dollars on Bixby.
I complained to Samsung USA.
They blamed it on the carriers.
Which I call BS.
Samsung wants to complete with Siri.
I like O.K. Google.

mark7914

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
My wife's worked like that at 1st.
Then quit.

Bixby is something that Samsung sprang on us after they spent millions of dollars on Bixby.
I complained to Samsung USA.
They blamed it on the carriers.
Which I call BS.
Samsung wants to complete with Siri.
I like O.K. Google.

I had an iPhone and in all honesty the speech control was only ever any use for setting the cooking timer and asking how old celebrities are. If you're ambitious. It worked occasionally. A bit "pot luck".

"Siri, disable navigation."
"You are not navigating anywhere.. (pause) .. In one mile, take the exit."

So when I got my Samsung I disabled it pretty well straight away so I've never seen it or had any aggravation from it.

However I also disabled *all* OS software updates, so neither that nor anything else could be forced onto the phone. Perhaps Android 8 broke the Package Disabler thing. They may update it.