My Galaxy S8+ will no longer fast charge

Primskill

May 3, 2019
Visit site
As stated above, my S8+ as of last night will no longer fast charge. Everything was working accordingly and I recieved a notification to update my firmware, so I just let my phone update before bed. I woke up to this issue. My phone has been meticulously taken care of, I just find it odd that I update my phone and literally the next day I'm having this issue. I'm curious if anybody else has had this problem or knows how to troubleshoot it. Just to save everyone time, I've turned on fast charging, tried charging it in Safe Mode, I've reset my phone to factory settings as well. Called Samsung support for them to tell me that the update may have corrupted my phone and I'm left without a phone for 7-12 days and I have to pay shipping 😁

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Are you charging using a cord or wireless charger? I'm curious to see if one works and not the other.

Primskill

May 3, 2019
Visit site
I'm currently wired. I've tried multiple different cords and adapters all with the same effect. I havent tried wireless, but I'm nervous going out spending a fortune on a wireless docking station if it's something corrupted within the phone. Do you think I should try the wireless method?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie