So T-Mobile is offering $400 for Galaxy S8's when traded in for Pixel phones. That would effectively make the 3a XL $80. Is anyone considering?
    05-08-2019 08:08 PM
    Looks like a good deal! I personally am not sure if I will ever buy another Galaxy phone -- I have a Galaxy S8. I updated to Pie (I have a Verizon phone) and for the most part I am happy with it, but it hasn't quite worked correctly since. It seems that Android phone makers aren't as interested in updating their phones as they are selling folks a new one. I am especially disappointed in not being able to totally disable Bixby.

I think one of the main problems with Android manufacturers updating their phones is all of the crap and bloat they put on them -- ala Bixby -- Bixby interfaces with every aspect of the phone -- audio, microphone, camera, etc. so it's no small wonder why updating Android is such a PIA. Not to mention, Bixby is always running in the background whether I want it to or not.

I wish you well in your jump to the Pixel 3a. I may well join you...
    05-09-2019 10:11 AM
    Looks like a good deal! I personally am not sure if I will ever buy another Galaxy phone -- I have a Galaxy S8. I updated to Pie (I have a Verizon phone) and for the most part I am happy with it, but it hasn't quite worked correctly since. It seems that Android phone makers aren't as interested in updating their phones as they are selling folks a new one. I am especially disappointed in not being able to totally disable Bixby.

I think one of the main problems with Android manufacturers updating their phones is all of the crap and bloat they put on them -- ala Bixby -- Bixby interfaces with every aspect of the phone -- audio, microphone, camera, etc. so it's no small wonder why updating Android is such a PIA. Not to mention, Bixby is always running in the background whether I want it to or not.

I wish you well in your jump to the Pixel 3a. I may well join you...
    My thoughts exactly. There's something refreshing in knowing you get the latest and greatest version of Android without bloat for three years. Also, $400 is a great trade in offer. There's no way I'll be able to sell the S8 for that much otherwise.
    05-09-2019 10:23 AM
    My thoughts exactly. There's something refreshing in knowing you get the latest and greatest version of Android without bloat for three years. Also, $400 is a great trade in offer. There's no way I'll be able to sell the S8 for that much otherwise.
    Actually, Samsung is offering $350 to $400 for Galaxy S8 sent back in exchange for an S10E....It's tempting, however, I am not sure I want another ride on the Bixby Train....Too bad, as I do think Samsung Galaxy phones are a nice piece of kit -- it's their software that turns me off.
    05-09-2019 12:07 PM