How to go from pie back to oreo software

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome.

Without a great deal of difficulty, involving rooting, warranty-voiding, and general mucking about, you can't Do you wish to proceed with that? If not, state what you dislike about Pie and members may be able to suggest remedies.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Just flashing the firmware will wipe the phone also. There's more involved if he has anything on it that he wants to keep.

mark7914

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
If you do succeed in reinstalling the previous version you'll probably need to install a piece of software that costs only a few pounds and which will prevent the phone detecting the Pie update and nagging you to install it again. That's probably the easy part.

CraftyMe2323

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
Backup data > flash Oreo firmware with Odin > restore data... easy enough... plenty of information online with a simple Google search ... this "forum" is the very last place I'd personally come to for advanced assistance with anything...

Tech Idiot

Oct 23, 2018
Visit site
Is there a setting where you can "turn off" automatic updates...and then go one step further and turn off notifications (after the first time you say "No" to an update)? Thanks.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Backup data > flash Oreo firmware with Odin > restore data... easy enough... plenty of information online with a simple Google search ... this "forum" is the very last place I'd personally come to for advanced assistance with anything...
Sorry you feel that way , I think it's one best places to look for help on phones .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It's really not though, but agree to disagree.

If you want reliable help with things like this, XDA is where you should look... definitely not Android Central.
They are more geared towards , flashing,ROMs,mods, but I've helped lots here on those types of issue myself , but you go there to find help on why my Bluetooth not working and you forgot the obvious turning Bluetooth on , well you know how they will respond.

Last edited:

mark7914

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
Is there a setting where you can "turn off" automatic updates...and then go one step further and turn off notifications (after the first time you say "No" to an update)? Thanks.

Yes, but as Samsung confirmed to me, it is ignored.

I ended up very nearly sending the device back for a refund, since it was demonstrably faulty, from date of manufacture, and easily proven. In the UK this means full refund.

However I found a way to gain control of the phone and completely disable all updates. It can be done, but it is not always straightforward.

Samsung really want us to buy their S10 model now.