I download pie and I don't like it how can I get oreo back on my Samsung s8
    05-23-2019 10:43 PM
    Welcome.

Without a great deal of difficulty, involving rooting, warranty-voiding, and general mucking about, you can't Do you wish to proceed with that? If not, state what you dislike about Pie and members may be able to suggest remedies.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    05-24-2019 05:22 AM
    Try flashing the oreo firmware using Odin tool
    U can check YouTube for tutorial
    05-24-2019 06:05 AM
    Just flashing the firmware will wipe the phone also. There's more involved if he has anything on it that he wants to keep.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    05-24-2019 02:29 PM
    If you do succeed in reinstalling the previous version you'll probably need to install a piece of software that costs only a few pounds and which will prevent the phone detecting the Pie update and nagging you to install it again. That's probably the easy part.
    05-25-2019 02:06 AM
    Backup data > flash Oreo firmware with Odin > restore data... easy enough... plenty of information online with a simple Google search ... this "forum" is the very last place I'd personally come to for advanced assistance with anything...
    06-12-2019 05:08 AM
    Is there a setting where you can "turn off" automatic updates...and then go one step further and turn off notifications (after the first time you say "No" to an update)? Thanks.
    06-20-2019 08:09 AM
    Backup data > flash Oreo firmware with Odin > restore data... easy enough... plenty of information online with a simple Google search ... this "forum" is the very last place I'd personally come to for advanced assistance with anything...
    Sorry you feel that way , I think it's one best places to look for help on phones .
    06-20-2019 08:21 AM
    Sorry you feel that way , I think it's one best places to look for help on phones .
    It's really not though, but agree to disagree.

If you want reliable help with things like this, XDA is where you should look... definitely not Android Central.
    06-20-2019 09:10 AM
    It's really not though, but agree to disagree.

If you want reliable help with things like this, XDA is where you should look... definitely not Android Central.
    They are more geared towards , flashing,ROMs,mods, but I've helped lots here on those types of issue myself , but you go there to find help on why my Bluetooth not working and you forgot the obvious turning Bluetooth on , well you know how they will respond.
    tube517 likes this.
    06-20-2019 09:14 AM
    Is there a setting where you can "turn off" automatic updates...and then go one step further and turn off notifications (after the first time you say "No" to an update)? Thanks.
    Yes, but as Samsung confirmed to me, it is ignored.

I ended up very nearly sending the device back for a refund, since it was demonstrably faulty, from date of manufacture, and easily proven. In the UK this means full refund.

However I found a way to gain control of the phone and completely disable all updates. It can be done, but it is not always straightforward.

Samsung really want us to buy their S10 model now.
    06-20-2019 08:31 PM
    plenty of information online with a simple Google search
    You're missing the fact that sometimes Samsung puts a lock on the bootloader, preventing an update rollback. They've been doing this for quite some time.
    Rukbat likes this.
    06-21-2019 08:27 AM