S8 bluetooth and hotspot issues

motsiball

Jun 5, 2019
Visit site
I had a Samsung Galaxy S7 Active and absolutely loved it but last summer after an update it started running slow or at least had a delay of a couple seconds when I was trying to use it so at the beginning of this year I upgraded to the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, which I also love. To make the change from the S7 to the S8 easier I used an app that migrated all the info from the S7 over to the S8. I think the app was Smart Switch. At the time it seemed to work and it moved all my info just fine.

Now I use my phone as a hot spot to connect to my laptop computer quite often so the first time I went to connect my laptop to my new S8 through the hotspot I figured I would need to look up the hotspot password in my phone in order for it to connect but for some reason I did not need to. It just automatically connected on its own. That really confused me since I didn't think 2 different phones would have the same login info to connect a hotspot so I then went into my hotspot settings and it said it used my Galaxy S7 settings to connect to the hotspot. Well I know for sure I have an S8 Active because everytime I turn the phone on the very first screen that pops up reads Galaxy S8 Active.

My guess is that when I migrated the info from the S7 to the S8 the Smart Switch app just migrated the hotspot login info from the S7 over to the S8 replacing its hotspot login info. I don't think its that big of a deal but another problem I immediately had with the S8 was connecting it to my car stereo through Bluetooth. The S7 would connect fine to it but the S8 wont automatically connect so I have to manually connect it. I am wondering if when using Smart Switch it tried to migrate over the S7 info on connecting the Bluetooth to my car stereo. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Remove the car from the S8. Remove the S8 from the car. Pair them again. then they should connect automatically (if Bluetooth is enabled in the phone). You're right about Smart Switch copying the hotspot data. But you just can't do that with Bluetooth (due to the way that Bluetooth works).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC