New Battery charging display after pie update, S8

Chicken Mummy

Jun 11, 2019
Visit site
Hello kind people of the Internet,

I have an S8 that has just updated its version of Pie and now I have an unwanted display when I plug in any charging method. Does anyone know if it can be turned off? Hopefully screenshot attached. Screenshot_20190611-170854_One%20UI%20Home.jpeg

Chicken Mummy

Jun 11, 2019
Visit site
So, no then. Good luck
Thanks, although I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic. I'm afraid I didn't understand your original question about clearing caches, I have not rooted my phone; this was an auto update to stock software, this presumed new feature has appeared and I wondered if anyone knows how/ if it can be turned off.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Thanks, although I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic. I'm afraid I didn't understand your original question about clearing caches, I have not rooted my phone; this was an auto update to stock software, this presumed new feature has appeared and I wondered if anyone knows how/ if it can be turned off.
Yup, I was. One of the 1st steps when you glitch after an OS change is to clear the cache partition and reboot.
You may be using a theme or wallpaper impacted by the update. It's an infrequent though common experience.
Rebooting with a cache clear is harmless and potentially the fix.

Chicken Mummy

Jun 11, 2019
Visit site
Yup, I was. One of the 1st steps when you glitch after an OS change is to clear the cache partition and reboot.
You may be using a theme or wallpaper impacted by the update. It's an infrequent though common experience.
Rebooting with a cache clear is harmless and potentially the fix.
Well, thanks again. How silly of me not to know this when asking for help on a help forum.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello kind people of the Internet,

I have an S8 that has just updated its version of Pie and now I have an unwanted display when I plug in any charging method. Does anyone know if it can be turned off? Hopefully screenshot attached. View attachment 304217
Double check any application or apps and even a widget you are using that's causing this , does it stay like while plug into a charger?

Chicken Mummy

Jun 11, 2019
Visit site
Double check any application or apps and even a widget you are using that's causing this , does it stay like while plug into a charger?
I've had a good look around my apps but so far I can't detect anything that's the cause. This battery display is only on momentarily then the phone returns to normal operation, but it's frustratingly unnecessary to me.
Edit, it must be pie as it happens even when in full power save mode and "useful apps" are limited.

Last edited:

CraftyMe2323

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
I've had a good look around my apps but so far I can't detect anything that's the cause. This battery display is only on momentarily then the phone returns to normal operation, but it's frustratingly unnecessary to me.
Edit, it must be pie as it happens even when in full power save mode and "useful apps" are limited.

So it pops up briefly when you plug in to charge and then goes away... I fail to see the problem here...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah momentarily, it's normal..