I've got a couple of issues:

1 - after hanging up on a phone call, the next screen is an ad. Never saw this before.
    2 - hoogle calendar app's color theme is crap..no boxes around days of week..hard to read.
    3 - quite a few app screens have black backgrounds and very faint text color.

Quite frankly, Google needs to fix the release ASAP or they will lose a loyal Android customer!
    06-14-2019 02:39 PM
    I don't think they care much about losing one customer. And no one else has complained about these things, even though Pie has been out since last August.

(By the way, the ads have nothing to do with Android - you installed something that's adware.)
    06-14-2019 03:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's not Google's fault -- it has to do with how 3rd party theme developers haven't updated their themes to be fully compatible with Pie. This is the most likely explanation for what you see in the Calendar app and the app screens where the text is too faint. Change your theme to the default, or some other theme that is officially from Samsung and is fully compatible with Pie.

As Rukbat mentioned, the ad has nothing to do with the Pie update. See this guide: Full screen ads. How to find the culprit. - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    06-15-2019 03:35 AM