I've owned my S8 for about a year and have loved it so far. However, I have been having real issues with video recording lately. Whatever resolution I shoot at, there is a severe wobble effect. For example, see this video I shoot today as a demonstration:

This was shot at 1080P with image stabilization turned OFF.

If I tap the phone whilst recording it seems to make it worse. Bizarrely, this image wobble only happens outside in bright sunny weather!? Shooting in dull light is fine.

Has anyone seen this before? I'm thinking I have a fault somewhere.

Amy info or advice greatly appreciated.
    06-27-2019 05:41 AM
    It's an issue with some phones, and on some it seems to be hardware-related, unfortunately. It happens when the focus mechanism doesn't work properly and starts focusing, de-focusing rapidly (you can hear the whirring when this happens). While it can produce some pretty cool effects, it usually just screws up your shots.

You can try to focus on another spot to force the auto-focus to stabilize or some even report that hitting the phone lightly will get the mechanism 'unstuck'.

It seems to have started on phones that have the 2x lens (and usually is triggered by switching lenses). This is one I took last year with the S9 or a freshly-unpacked Note 9... one of the two.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/fN3im9jxgHgYBnCo8
    06-27-2019 07:16 AM