Galaxy s8 purchased new 19 months ago. Always well cared for in protective case, no spills, drops or exposures. Suddenly, case is separating starting at lower left corner extending up left side and getting hot. Called Samsung and of course they denied saying, "That only happened w s7. Anyway, it's out of warranty." In other words, "Tough". (Coincidentally, not long after PIE update?) Told I could take it to Samsung and pay to have it fixed. Last time I did that with an s5, I was told the port was bad had to buy a new phone..I bought a new cable and problem solved.
    Anyone else having bad battery problem with s8 series?
    Paid with Chase Visa that doubles warranties..I'll see how that goes.
    07-03-2019 11:23 AM
    Galaxy s8 purchased new 19 months ago. Always well cared for in protective case, no spills, drops or exposures. Suddenly, case is separating starting at lower left corner extending up left side and getting hot. Called Samsung and of course they denied saying, "That only happened w s7. Anyway, it's out of warranty." In other words, "Tough". (Coincidentally, not long after PIE update?) Told I could take it to Samsung and pay to have it fixed. Last time I did that with an s5, I was told the port was bad had to buy a new phone..I bought a new cable and problem solved.
    Anyone else having bad battery problem with s8 series?
    Paid with Chase Visa that doubles warranties..I'll see how that goes.
    Mine went about a month ago , haven't replace it yet

Edit: weird enough battery went after pie update also
    07-03-2019 11:26 AM
    Samsung certified repair agent confirm battery defective, swelling and splitting case of Galaxy s8. certified not caused by damages, misuse or mishandling.
    paid for repairs and replacement parts myself. Keypad still with action and response issues especially on side opened by battery.
    Samsung response so far only appears to be concerned with liability if it had exploded or caught fire.
    will update..if there is one
    07-05-2019 06:47 PM
    Samsung certified repair agent confirm battery defective, swelling and splitting case of Galaxy s8. certified not caused by damages, misuse or mishandling.
    paid for repairs and replacement parts myself. Keypad still with action and response issues especially on side opened by battery.
    Samsung response so far only appears to be concerned with liability if it had exploded or caught fire.
    will update..if there is one
    What they charge you to fix it ? Did you use ifixit?
    07-05-2019 06:52 PM
    I did post a reply as well as pictures..dont know why it isnt here.
    The cost for new battery, back and screen was about 238 w tax. However, the keypad misfunction remains a big issue. Also, after taking 6 pictures the phone got very hot. Samsung has remained in touch and has advised me to take the phone back to uBreakiFix for evaluation. There is a post today about keypad problem and case cracking.
    Will update
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-12-2019 07:07 PM
    I did post a reply as well as pictures..dont know why it isnt here.
    The cost for new battery, back and screen was about 238 w tax. However, the keypad misfunction remains a big issue. Also, after taking 6 pictures the phone got very hot. Samsung has remained in touch and has advised me to take the phone back to uBreakiFix for evaluation. There is a post today about keypad problem and case cracking.
    Will update
    Thanks for the update.
    07-12-2019 07:21 PM
    minor update: again trouble unlocking phone and dismissing an alarm. Had to turn off phone and restart then removed smart lock. Samsung has advised clearing the system partition cache to see is it helps..DONE. will let you know.
    NEXT STEP would be full analysis..then full restart..then..
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-16-2019 06:50 PM
    minor update: again trouble unlocking phone and dismissing an alarm. Had to turn off phone and restart then removed smart lock. Samsung has advised clearing the system partition cache to see is it helps..DONE. will let you know.
    NEXT STEP would be full analysis..then full restart..then..
    Ok , hope it works out
    07-16-2019 07:11 PM