AT&T Galaxy S8 Lost Home Screen "Portrait Mode Only" option

Patrick Black

Jul 18, 2019
Visit site
At some point in the last few days, not sure exactly when my home screen stopped rotating to landscape. I seem to have lost the toggle in Settings - Display - Home Screen - Portrait Mode Only. I previously turned that off to get my home screen to rotate to landscape when I rotated my phone. I like to dock my phone in the car in landscape and it's really a pain that the home screen will no longer rotate to landscape.

I haven't found anybody else indicating that they lost this option.

Anybody have information on this or how to get the home screen to rotate to landscape?

Thanks.

guitarmantyler

May 30, 2011
Visit site
do you have the "auto-rotate" toggle switched on/off in your drop down menu? pull down from the top of your home screen, and expand the menu bar, there should be a toggle there.

Patrick Black

Jul 18, 2019
Visit site
Yes, I have that turned on. But that only affects apps and not the home screen. It works for apps when rotated but not the home screen. Thanks!

Patrick Black

Jul 18, 2019
Visit site
I found the option you are referring to under: "settings", "display", "home screen", "rotate to landscape mode" .

What phone and carrier do you have? I have ATT&T. I used to have this setting but it's no longer there: Settings - Display - Home Screen - Portrait Mode Only.

I do not have your "rotate to landscape mode" option.

So it looks like either Android or AT&T did an update to my phone and changed the options I have available.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What phone and carrier do you have? I have ATT&T. I used to have this setting but it's no longer there: Settings - Display - Home Screen - Portrait Mode Only.

I do not have your "rotate to landscape mode" option.

So it looks like either Android or AT&T did an update to my phone and changed the options I have available.
Long press your home screen then tap home screen settings Screenshot_20190723-205641_One%20UI%20Home.jpeg

Patrick Black

Jul 18, 2019
Visit site
Update: Android 9 was pushed to my phone couple days ago and now I have the "Rotate to landscape mode" option for Home Screen. Problem solved. Thanks everyone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12