How do I replace Samsung Galaxy S8 screen?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Ordered replacement kit for screen galaxy s8 need help on changing screen

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And second, work in a cellphone repair shop to learn how to replace screens in phones rated IP68.

You need to use a heat gun - too much heat and you can destroy the phone. Not enough heat and you can end up with a handful of glass shards.

And if you don't reassemble the phone properly, it's no longer water-resistant or dust-resistant. Also, if you tear a wire or forget to replace one from where you had to remove it, you'll have to go through the whole heat gun/opening the phone routine again (which can damage the replacement screen). If you unplug the existing screen the wrong way, you can damage the motherboard.

Which is why I always recommend that unless you've already repaired cellphones, you bring it to a good repair shop and pay them for replacing it. It's usually cheaper in the long run.

Don't count on those "this is the first time I've opened an S8" YouTube videos either. They're done by people with experience. (When you've owned a few stores that did repairs, you can see the "experience" by watching the video.) You try the same thing, and you'll be back here asking how to get the phone working again. (Screen replacement sellers don't care if you have experience or not - once they sell you the replacement "kit", they have your money, and it's on to the next order.)