Ever since updating to the latest Android now when I get an incoming message from what's app or a text message the person's avatar pops up on my screen in a circle like the way Facebook messages do. It's driving me nuts. It gets in the way. I've tried everything to stop it but it keeps doing it. I've even just tried removing picture in picture. Please is there anyway to stop this.

It used just slide down from the top of my screen with a preview and go away.
    07-28-2019 07:42 AM
    Ever since updating to the latest Android now when I get an incoming message from what's app or a text message the person's avatar pops up on my screen in a circle like the way Facebook messages do. It's driving me nuts. It gets in the way. I've tried everything to stop it but it keeps doing it. I've even just tried removing picture in picture. Please is there anyway to stop this.

Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    07-28-2019 10:35 AM
    Ever since updating to the latest Android on my Samsung Galaxy 8 now when I get an incoming message from what's app or a text message the person's avatar pops up on my screen in a circle like the way Facebook messages do. It's driving me nuts. It gets in the way. I've tried everything to stop it but it keeps doing it. I've even just tried removing picture in picture. Please is there anyway to stop this.

07-28-2019 10:46 PM
    Ever since updating to the latest Android on my Samsung Galaxy 8 now when I get an incoming message from what's app or a text message the person's avatar pops up on my screen in a circle like the way Facebook messages do. It's driving me nuts. It gets in the way. I've tried everything to stop it but it keeps doing it. I've even just tried removing picture in picture. Please is there anyway to stop this.

Hi, welcome to AC forums
    Thanks for registering.
    Sounds like you enable pop up chat?
    07-28-2019 10:55 PM
    You can long press each of those apps and tap info>notification and disable pop up
    07-29-2019 12:14 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? If it's a Samsung phone running One UI/Pie, that sounds like Smart Pop-Up View: samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/using-the-smart-pop-up-view-on-the-galaxy-s10/?CID=afl-ecomm-cjn-cha-092118-52057&cjevent=8eb0fadab1cc11e983b102630a1c0e0c
    OmarEl likes this.
    07-29-2019 01:22 AM
    Duplicate threads merged.
    07-29-2019 01:46 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? If it's a Samsung phone running One UI/Pie, that sounds like Smart Pop-Up View: samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/using-the-smart-pop-up-view-on-the-galaxy-s10/?CID=afl-ecomm-cjn-cha-092118-52057&cjevent=8eb0fadab1cc11e983b102630a1c0e0c
    Omg!! Thank you so much!!! I've been trying to figure this out for 6 months. I was so close to just getting an iPhone because of it.

I think I didn't find it because I didn't even know what this feature was called.

I disabled Smart pop-up view!

Thank you again,!!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-29-2019 06:53 PM