Why dose my s8+ thinks its up to date?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone dosent update and when I try to manually update it nothing happen, it dossent show a searching thing and says its up to date rather nothing happen as if there was no code for the button.

I have an s8+ and am on the update 7.0 and my phone is supposed to have the ability to update to atleast 9.0.

The programes get updated but not the android itself.

Tried every soultion on the internet except force updating with a computer because i dont have one.

BinDos

Aug 16, 2019
Visit site
Galaxy s8+ the update button acts as if it was made to do nothing

My phone dosent update and when I try to manually update it nothing happen, it dossent show a searching thing and says its up to date rather nothing happen as if there was no code for the button.

I have an s8+ and am on the update 7.0 and my phone is supposed to have the ability to update to atleast 9.0.

Tried every soultion on the internet except force updating with a computer because i dont have one.

Edit: am pretty sure now it is a bug that make the update button have no code in it or make it unable to procces the code. If am right and it is a bug how can i fix it? Even if i knew how to report it to google and they fixed it i wouldnt be able to download the fix/update.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Galaxy s8+ the update button acts as if it was made to do nothing

Hi , welcome!
It's going be hard to update without a computer, your to far behind.

BinDos

Aug 16, 2019
Visit site

Is it a most in my situation to have a computer to update it.?

Ive just got an idea ive heared about programs that root phones without pc around a year ago i dont know if they still work, if they were is it a good idea to root my phone and install another rom or update with the root then unroot my phone.?

BinDos

Aug 16, 2019
Visit site

Searched the net, it appears to be a bad idea to root my phone with apps most if not all are scams fillex with spyware :/

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

No I dont recommend root , you can try a best buy see if they have Samsung experience in it ,maybe they can update it for you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Duplicate threads merged, and I also moved them from the Nougat forum to the S8+ forum, which I think is a better place for your question.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech