My phone dosent update and when I try to manually update it nothing happen, it dossent show a searching thing and says its up to date rather nothing happen as if there was no code for the button.

I have an s8+ and am on the update 7.0 and my phone is supposed to have the ability to update to atleast 9.0.

The programes get updated but not the android itself.

Tried every soultion on the internet except force updating with a computer because i dont have one.
    08-16-2019 04:03 PM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-16-2019 04:11 PM
    Need to ask some more questions, did you ever try to stop the updates , very strange to be on 7.0
    08-16-2019 04:11 PM
    My phone dosent update and when I try to manually update it nothing happen, it dossent show a searching thing and says its up to date rather nothing happen as if there was no code for the button.

I have an s8+ and am on the update 7.0 and my phone is supposed to have the ability to update to atleast 9.0.

Tried every soultion on the internet except force updating with a computer because i dont have one.

Edit: am pretty sure now it is a bug that make the update button have no code in it or make it unable to procces the code. If am right and it is a bug how can i fix it? Even if i knew how to report it to google and they fixed it i wouldnt be able to download the fix/update.
    08-16-2019 05:08 PM

Hi , welcome!
    It's going be hard to update without a computer, your to far behind.
    08-16-2019 05:10 PM
    Is it a most in my situation to have a computer to update it.?

Ive just got an idea ive heared about programs that root phones without pc around a year ago i dont know if they still work, if they were is it a good idea to root my phone and install another rom or update with the root then unroot my phone.?
    08-16-2019 05:14 PM
    What is the exact model of your Samsung? What firmware is it currently on and who is your carrier?
    08-16-2019 05:15 PM
    Searched the net, it appears to be a bad idea to root my phone with apps most if not all are scams fillex with spyware :/
    08-16-2019 05:26 PM
    No I dont recommend root , you can try a best buy see if they have Samsung experience in it ,maybe they can update it for you.
    08-16-2019 05:34 PM
    Duplicate threads merged, and I also moved them from the Nougat forum to the S8+ forum, which I think is a better place for your question.
    08-16-2019 07:45 PM