Wifi disconnects when download files

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi I have been using my Galaxy S8+ for last 2 years without any issue but from last week onwards I started facing an issue. 3 weeks back I switched to a 50Mbps Fiber connecion and when the mobile is connected to the wifi, everything works normal except one case. When I attempt a download - such as android update or a simple playstore download (even a simple 1 MB app), the wifi get disconnects. The wifi symbol from home page disappears but it is appearing in 'settings' as connected, but with a message 'Internet not available'. This happens only with downloads, normal browsing and whattsapp video downloads etc. are working fine as it was.

I tried to test the wifi speed using some apps and seeing the problem repeats when the speed reaches somewhere above 25-30 Mbps. This happened when test with multiple speed test apps. some of them shown a message 'Software Caused Connecion Abort'.

I tested it with Another GalaxyS8+ and that too shows same issue. And these phone works fine with other broadband wifis which have less bandwidth speed. I Believe the Galaxy S8+ is capable to handle traffic up to 140mbps+

Anyone got any idea what is happening?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC