A few days ago I realized that entire gallery albums were missing on my phone. I've always used the Gallery and not Google Photos. A little over a week ago I updated my phone and my only guess is that the update deleted the albums.
    I've looked in the Gallery trash and Google Photos trash and the pictures are not there. I have a lot of albums and only a few are on my sd card and I cant remember if the albums that are missing were on it or not.
    I've tried rebooting my phone, restarting it, and downloading apps that are supposed to recover deleted pictures. Nothing has worked. Please someone help!
    09-21-2019 06:59 PM
    A few days ago I realized that entire gallery albums were missing on my phone. I've always used the Gallery and not Google Photos. A little over a week ago I updated my phone and my only guess is that the update deleted the albums.
    I've looked in the Gallery trash and Google Photos trash and the pictures are not there. I have a lot of albums and only a few are on my sd card and I cant remember if the albums that are missing were on it or not.
    I've tried rebooting my phone, restarting it, and downloading apps that are supposed to recover deleted pictures. Nothing has worked. Please someone help!
    Was it sync to Google photos or Samsung cloud?
    09-21-2019 07:00 PM
    Both. I've gone to my settings and tried to backup and restore but that didnt work either. I just know that I never deleted the albums and that's the frustrating part.
    09-21-2019 10:59 PM
    Both. I've gone to my settings and tried to backup and restore but that didnt work either. I just know that I never deleted the albums and that's the frustrating part.
    They have to be in the cloud
    Check in photo gallery and go into the setting there 3 dots upper right corner and look to toggle sync with Samsung cloud
    09-21-2019 11:27 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you know what directory on the phone's storage you created these albums in? Use your file manager app to explore your internal storage, and look under the /DCIM/Camera directory, or the /Pictures directory. Do you see any of the missing photos there?

In the future, I highly recommend taking advantage of Google Photos auto-backup: https://support.google.com/photos/an...DAndroid&hl=en. That can help avoid mishaps like this.
    09-22-2019 02:43 AM
    They are not there. I think I'm just screwed because I have so many pictures and albums. My storage is full and those pictures weren't able to be backed up I'm guessing.
    09-22-2019 02:44 PM
    My next and last step is to connect my phone to my computer and use recovery software and try to find them that way
    09-22-2019 02:47 PM
    Unmount the SD card (in Settings>Storage​), remove it, and insert it into your PC. Can you find any of the missing pictures using Windows File Explorer?
    09-22-2019 05:42 PM