Samsung Galaxy S8 Camera problem following last SW update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

What happened to the camera function of my S8 following the last phone software update that was pushed out? Now, about 80% of the time when I hit the camera app button the screen goes black and then returns to the home screen. Then, when started, each time the camera app crashes and shuts down. About 20% of the time the camera works fine.

I've tried all the online suggestions of clearing cache, etc. I even factory reset my phone. No difference. I stopped into a "fixit" place and they said they had seen two other similar situations recently.

Are others having the problem? Is Samsung going to fix this with a patch?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you clear the cache partition from the Recovery Menu, or just the Camera's app cache? Have you also tested to see if this happens in Safe Mode?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since it happens in Safe Mode, and since it started happening right after a system update, that would suggest either a bug in the update or a problem with the firmware installation. Since this doesn't seem to be a widespread issue at this time, you could try reinstalling the firmware using Smart Switch: SmartSwitch: Install & update or replace firmware

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech