Verizon Galaxy S8 S8+ hairline crack

dr2b

Nov 4, 2019
Visit site
I haven't been able to come across an answer to my particular (less severe) question. Found a hairline crack across the screen of my s8+ yesterday. Can you guys suggest the best course of action given my specific needs below?

• I don't particularly mind this hairline fracture - especially for several months until I want to upgrade. But I do want to protect the phone as best I can given it's evidently been weakened.
  • I assume a screen protector would be the best idea but I tried a couple times early on to put a screen protector on this rounded screen and I couldn't get one to adhere.
  • I don't particularly care about having the latest and greatest phone. I just need one that works well and doesn't look awful enough to make me feel stupid for carrying it. So if it would still work fine and still be strong enough that it wouldn't get further damaged, I would probably keep it another year.
Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I recommend White Stone Dome its fully adhesive glass protector to further protect it .
Just keep it away from water .

dr2b

Nov 4, 2019
Visit site
Mustang thanks for the help. I have installed this on my phone and it seems excellent. However I have one quick question I think you may be able to answer. I have a few small bubbles under my protector from incomplete adhesive coverage. By chance do you know what adhesive I might buy to place it again? I've read a few posts in different places referring to LOCA UV glue. Have you used this?

Thanks again

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mustang thanks for the help. I have installed this on my phone and it seems excellent. However I have one quick question I think you may be able to answer. I have a few small bubbles under my protector from incomplete adhesive coverage. By chance do you know what adhesive I might buy to place it again? I've read a few posts in different places referring to LOCA UV glue. Have you used this?

Thanks again
I've heard it's the same glue loca uv
Your welcome !

dr2b

Nov 4, 2019
Visit site
Hey Mustang, apparently I have now decided you're a cross between Yoda and a magic 8-ball. But my protective case presses upward on the dome glass, causing the beginnings of a separation on the corners. Do you have a case you've used successfully on your s8+ with the dome glass?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

dr2b

Nov 4, 2019
Visit site
Well that's a good question. I followed the instructions as far as I know but it's always possible I didn't do it perfectly. It's also possible the hint of separation I see won't progress... but I'm dubious. Are you saying I might just let it cure overnight before putting the case on?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well that's a good question. I followed the instructions as far as I know but it's always possible I didn't do it perfectly. It's also possible the hint of separation I see won't progress... but I'm dubious. Are you saying I might just let it cure overnight before putting the case on?
I would , that what I usually do but I have multiple phones to use while that happens