05-22-2018 05:22 PM
94 1234
tools
    Interested in the ZAGG Glass Curve Elite, since it is full adhesive tempered glass.
    I've always liked Zagg, hadn't heard of this product yet tho...
    03-10-2018 10:22 PM
    Did anyone try the olixar screen protector?

https://www.mobilefun.co.uk/olixar-g...or-black-66079

I like the cutouts a lot more. Hate the open design most have.
    03-15-2018 05:46 AM
    Several companies make versions of this. I got this particular one off eBay.
    It has a frame to click on the phone and then you line up the protector. Hard to mess up.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=t_jzMqcD

Mav.
    03-15-2018 08:53 AM
    I was wary about most of the S9+ screen protectors so two weeks ago I ordered an S8+ OTAO screen protector. My wife needed a new one for her 8+ so I figured I'd order two of them at the same time and hope that it worked, especially since the screen is the same size.

So... it "works". You definitely have to turn on screen sensitivity for use with a screen protector - thank goodness this is an option. It's barely usable without this feature turned on. The screen protector fits well but it's not very sensitivity around the edges, especially the bottom right keyboard area. However, it's definitely usable if you have one laying around. The installation try also doesn't work so you have to do it the old manual way. Still easy though. I checked out the S9+ OTAO on amazon yesterday and it said estimated ship date from 6 april to 24 april... I'm going to order one anyway.
    03-15-2018 10:09 AM
    I always use the clearplex product from bestbuy Canada. it comes with a lifetime warranty and looks great on the device.
    03-15-2018 10:33 AM
    I went with the Whitestone Dome protector and so glad I did. It's nothing short of amazing. It looks complicated to install, but it's virtually foolproof. The clarity is amazing and it's compatible with most cases (not all).
    03-15-2018 10:38 AM
    I bought the Zagg Curve Elite for my 9+ and took it in to my VZW for installation. They tried and tried but curved edges will NOT lie flat. Girl's Manager came over and fussed at her saying the 9+ protectors had been recalled. I said I bought directly from Zagg and they had me call into Zagg. Zagg agent vehemently denied a recall but ended up giving me one since I made a LOT of noise in middle of crowded Verizon store. Looking for a local tech nerd now as I think I will go with a Whitestone Dome after hearing all the positive reviews. I just won't do it myself...
    03-15-2018 12:40 PM
    I just watched the installation video for the Whitestone Dome and holly crap it looks complicated.
    Yeah it is lol...
    I just installed it and there are small air bubbles along the right side of the curved screen! They claim bubble free... I made it worse trying to push it out. It's not noticeable really but it pisses me off. Idk if I wanna take it off and get a replacement but they charge 16$

Other than that its awesome. Looks great - looks like it isn't there at all. Great screen sensitivity and worked with every case I tried.
    03-15-2018 02:10 PM
    Yeah it is lol...
    I just installed it and there are small air bubbles along the right side of the curved screen! They claim bubble free... I made it worse trying to push it out. It's not noticeable really but it pisses me off. Idk if I wanna take it off and get a replacement but they charge 16$

Other than that its awesome. Looks great - looks like it isn't there at all. Great screen sensitivity and worked with every case I tried.
    That is exactly why I want someone else to install it but my local mobile phone repair svcs refuse to do it stating it is a liquid recipe for disaster.

Any other screen protector recommendations? Gotta send this worthless Zagg back to them to get my refund!
    03-15-2018 05:24 PM
    Hmm if they claim bubble free then it should be. They should send you a free replacement.
    Can you not remove it and reapply?
    I bought a spigen wet application non glass one but it feels very rubbery to touch. It just feels weird.
    But I can't be bothered to remove it so I will leave it until it peels off and then get a different one. Maybe by then someone will come up with something better.
    03-15-2018 05:33 PM
    Hmm if they claim bubble free then it should be. They should send you a free replacement.
    Can you not remove it and reapply?
    I bought a spigen wet application non glass one but it feels very rubbery to touch. It just feels weird.
    But I can't be bothered to remove it so I will leave it until it peels off and then get a different one. Maybe by then someone will come up with something better.
    You would think so! I've sent them a message so we'll see. Not getting my hopes up. Idk if I can return it to Amazon for a full refund and just buy another one but if they don't replace it I'll check into it.

The Whitestone feel just like the original screen which is great too.
    These can't be reapplied unless you do it immediately. I didn't notice until it was too late. Once they're on they don't move, peel or come off unless you take them off. That's a good thing but you have to install them perfectly.
    03-15-2018 06:17 PM
    Whats the need of screen protector even you have the gorilla glass on it
    This is my experience. I went naked on my S7E for two years and no issues and no plans on putting one on my S9. Hard to scratch gorilla glass but I would say if someone works in a construction type industry, I would probably put one on..
    03-17-2018 11:05 AM
    You would think so! I've sent them a message so we'll see. Not getting my hopes up. Idk if I can return it to Amazon for a full refund and just buy another one but if they don't replace it I'll check into it.

The Whitestone feel just like the original screen which is great too.
    These can't be reapplied unless you do it immediately. I didn't notice until it was too late. Once they're on they don't move, peel or come off unless you take them off. That's a good thing but you have to install them perfectly.
    If you're still within the return period on Amazon I would just maybe start a return with them with the reason that the product didn't work as described. Might be easier than dealing with the company.
    03-17-2018 02:46 PM
    Had great luck with the OTAO protector on my S8 so I ordered one again for my S9 and it's wonderful. Easy install, no dead spots, feels great.
    03-17-2018 04:42 PM
    Galaxy S9 Glass Screen Protector, [Full Screen Coverage] OTAO Double Strong 3D Curved Dot Matrix Tempered Glass Screen Protector [Tray Installation] for Samsung Galaxy S9 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079JTF45F...cUvbUpU6194699
    03-17-2018 04:42 PM
    If you're still within the return period on Amazon I would just maybe start a return with them with the reason that the product didn't work as described. Might be easier than dealing with the company.
    Thx, I figured the same. After checking with Amazon they even have bubbles as a reason for return. Whitestone got back to me the next day but wanted pics for reference to decide what to do next - if I went with a warranty replacement I'd have to pay 16 bucks and even if they just give me a new screen protector I'd have to pay to ship the old one to them before they'll send it out.
    It's much easier to just return it to Amazon and get an Amazon credit as soon as they get it.
    03-17-2018 05:41 PM
    I got suckered into the pure gear at TMobile today, they didn't have any other ones left. I'm pretty sure it won't last.
    03-17-2018 05:45 PM
    Had great luck with the OTAO protector on my S8 so I ordered one again for my S9 and it's wonderful. Easy install, no dead spots, feels great.
    Same here, I don't even try applying these because I'm so bad at it. But, I ordered the OTAO and decided to put out on myself when it got here. Went on straight with no bubbles, dead spots or lifting areas. Great product and great price ($12.99).
    tadpoles and Lfsnz67 like this.
    03-17-2018 07:01 PM
    thanks
    03-18-2018 11:33 AM
    This one looks interesting especially since one of the cases I'm considering is the Caseology Skyfall Series Clear in Violet. One would think their screen protector would work well with their case. Not to mention $9.00 bucks to try it out is pretty great considering it is $29.99 on their website! https://www.caseologycases.com/produ...t=676641406992
    After my failed attempt on the Whitestone dome (returning to Amazon bc the glue did not stay on the screen and actually travel down the plastic and glued my phone to the bottom tray) I had gotten this caseology screen protector and decided to throw it on...it's only been on for a day or so but so far it's staying put...did have sensitivity issues (none with the white stone) but if you turn up the sensitivity in settings the phone works so far as it should...not bad for a cheap protector can't say how long it'll stay on just yet
    03-18-2018 07:42 PM
    Looking for a case friendly screen protector that is NOT a fingerprint magnet for my gorgeous new S9 Plus. Thanks!
    03-19-2018 10:38 AM
    I strongly believe that all these expensive brand tempered glass we buy in high prices are ALL made in China and the companies just put their package and sell them 20-30 times their original price.
    So what I did is that I ordered 5 different from Ali Express that cost me total €12. In a few days I am receiving them and will try some to see the quality. I am Not going to bite the brands "trap" and pay so much.
    Have a look at the link below

03-19-2018 12:20 PM
    I strongly believe that all these expensive brand tempered glass we buy in high prices are ALL made in China and the companies just put their package and sell them 20-30 times their original price.
    So what I did is that I ordered 5 different from Ali Express that cost me total €12. In a few days I am receiving them and will try some to see the quality. I am Not going to bite the brands "trap" and pay so much.
    Have a look at the link below

Idk about 20 - 30 times... I'd say maybe around 10x which is still high but for the convenience, extras/ease of installation(usually), quality & warranties(Some have good ones while others charge outrageous amounts for replacements) - Also, return ability if bought through Amazon is nice. All these make it worth it to me not to DIY.

Still interested in your results... please update.
    03-19-2018 12:43 PM
    I got suckered into the pure gear at TMobile today, they didn't have any other ones left. I'm pretty sure it won't last.
    Do you have any impressions of the Pure Gear screen protector? It looks interesting. Pictures would be awesome too.
    03-19-2018 11:31 PM
    Idk about 20 - 30 times... I'd say maybe around 10x which is still high but for the convenience, extras/ease of installation(usually), quality & warranties(Some have good ones while others charge outrageous amounts for replacements) - Also, return ability if bought through Amazon is nice. All these make it worth it to me not to DIY.

Still interested in your results... please update.
    They are buying in bulk so price costs max €1-2 each. So here you are, you can make the maths.
    03-20-2018 02:03 AM
94 1234