Screen Protector.

Saaaaaaaagar

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I agree Samsung should include a screen protector in the box. Cause why not? They probably earn more even if they include a screen protector. It would be a win-win situation.

louzer

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I just watched the installation video for the Whitestone Dome and holly crap it looks complicated.

I've had wet - apply screen protectors that ended up more complicated. Most reviewers agree that once installed, the Whitestone Dome is the best glass screen protector for a curved screen phone available. I'm hoping so since I have one here and am just waiting for my S9+ to arrive!

kide#WN

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
The Caseology screen protector also caught my attention. If you get to install it before I do, please let us know your opinion.

Well, I got the Caseology screen protector today. Unfortunately Amazon shipped it in the soft envelope, the package was bent and the screen protector cracked in multiple places.
But I can tell you that this is a regular edge-only adhesive protector. Looks cheap too. Probably will not buy again.

Last edited:

netnative

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, I got the Caseology screen protector today. Unfortunately Amazon shipped it in the soft envelope, the package got bended and the screen protector cracked in multiple places.
But I can tell you that this is a regular edge-only adhesive protector. Looks cheap too. Probably will not buy again.

Thank you for the Caseology screen protector review. I am sorry about Amazon’s inadequate packaging. I have had similar experiences.

Adam Matlock

Trusted Member
Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I was wary about most of the S9+ screen protectors so two weeks ago I ordered an S8+ OTAO screen protector. My wife needed a new one for her 8+ so I figured I'd order two of them at the same time and hope that it worked, especially since the screen is the same size.

So... it "works". You definitely have to turn on screen sensitivity for use with a screen protector - thank goodness this is an option. It's barely usable without this feature turned on. The screen protector fits well but it's not very sensitivity around the edges, especially the bottom right keyboard area. However, it's definitely usable if you have one laying around. The installation try also doesn't work so you have to do it the old manual way. Still easy though. I checked out the S9+ OTAO on amazon yesterday and it said estimated ship date from 6 april to 24 april... I'm going to order one anyway.

LJSquishy

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I went with the Whitestone Dome protector and so glad I did. It's nothing short of amazing. It looks complicated to install, but it's virtually foolproof. The clarity is amazing and it's compatible with most cases (not all).

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Zagg Curve Elite for my 9+ and took it in to my VZW for installation. They tried and tried but curved edges will NOT lie flat. Girl's Manager came over and fussed at her saying the 9+ protectors had been recalled. I said I bought directly from Zagg and they had me call into Zagg. Zagg agent vehemently denied a recall but ended up giving me one since I made a LOT of noise in middle of crowded Verizon store. Looking for a local tech nerd now as I think I will go with a Whitestone Dome after hearing all the positive reviews. I just won't do it myself...

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I just watched the installation video for the Whitestone Dome and holly crap it looks complicated.

Yeah it is lol...
I just installed it and there are small air bubbles along the right side of the curved screen! They claim bubble free... I made it worse trying to push it out. It's not noticeable really but it pisses me off. Idk if I wanna take it off and get a replacement but they charge 16$

Other than that its awesome. Looks great - looks like it isn't there at all. Great screen sensitivity and worked with every case I tried.

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it is lol...
I just installed it and there are small air bubbles along the right side of the curved screen! They claim bubble free... I made it worse trying to push it out. It's not noticeable really but it pisses me off. Idk if I wanna take it off and get a replacement but they charge 16$

Other than that its awesome. Looks great - looks like it isn't there at all. Great screen sensitivity and worked with every case I tried.

That is exactly why I want someone else to install it but my local mobile phone repair svcs refuse to do it stating it is a liquid recipe for disaster.

Any other screen protector recommendations? Gotta send this worthless Zagg back to them to get my refund!

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hmm if they claim bubble free then it should be. They should send you a free replacement.
Can you not remove it and reapply?
I bought a spigen wet application non glass one but it feels very rubbery to touch. It just feels weird.
But I can't be bothered to remove it so I will leave it until it peels off and then get a different one. Maybe by then someone will come up with something better.

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Hmm if they claim bubble free then it should be. They should send you a free replacement.
Can you not remove it and reapply?
I bought a spigen wet application non glass one but it feels very rubbery to touch. It just feels weird.
But I can't be bothered to remove it so I will leave it until it peels off and then get a different one. Maybe by then someone will come up with something better.

You would think so! I've sent them a message so we'll see. Not getting my hopes up. Idk if I can return it to Amazon for a full refund and just buy another one but if they don't replace it I'll check into it.

The Whitestone feel just like the original screen which is great too.
These can't be reapplied unless you do it immediately. I didn't notice until it was too late. Once they're on they don't move, peel or come off unless you take them off. That's a good thing but you have to install them perfectly.

uvarules

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Whats the need of screen protector even you have the gorilla glass on it

This is my experience. I went naked on my S7E for two years and no issues and no plans on putting one on my S9. Hard to scratch gorilla glass but I would say if someone works in a construction type industry, I would probably put one on..

greyserf

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
You would think so! I've sent them a message so we'll see. Not getting my hopes up. Idk if I can return it to Amazon for a full refund and just buy another one but if they don't replace it I'll check into it.

The Whitestone feel just like the original screen which is great too.
These can't be reapplied unless you do it immediately. I didn't notice until it was too late. Once they're on they don't move, peel or come off unless you take them off. That's a good thing but you have to install them perfectly.

If you're still within the return period on Amazon I would just maybe start a return with them with the reason that the product didn't work as described. Might be easier than dealing with the company.

Lfsnz67

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Had great luck with the OTAO protector on my S8 so I ordered one again for my S9 and it's wonderful. Easy install, no dead spots, feels great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet