Wall & car chargers

Squarrow

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Buy Samsung OEM, Belkin, Aunker, carrier branded, Mophie, etc..

This is one area where you def. don't want to cheap out.

lukadabuca

Mar 18, 2018
Visit site
I'm confused about fast charging though.what wall plugs apart from the OEM give it? And are the USB c cables all basically the same??

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Which wall & car chargers have you bought for your galaxy s9?

At home I always use either my wireless charger or the wall charger that came with the phone but I did pick up this power bundle at the At&t store when I picked up my phone.

Only reason I did was because it was on sale for 29.99$ & they gave me 20% off... I'd never pay 40 bucks for it lol and I didn't have to go somewhere else or order it. It's a good car charger though. 4.8 amp and can rapidly charge up to 2 devices. The wall charger is a good back up also & the cables support reversible flow and rapid charging. I like having a few extra of these so I'm not using the adapter. Overall this is a quality package and I trust it but anytime you buy from a Carrier you pay outrageous prices.

Attachments

• 1214.jpg
    1214.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 34

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I'm not sure if that's compatible with the S9+ Because I think I looked at that one.

It is... All USB - C chargers will work with the S9/S9+ it's just making sure you get quality products and it's what you want. This one is made by Samsung and is quick charge.

Really if you had an old car charger with a USB-A input you could even just buy a USB-A to USB- type C cord and use that.

Last edited:

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
It is... All USB - C chargers will work with the S9/S9+ it's just making sure you get quality products and it's what you want. This one is made by Samsung and is quick charge.

Really if you had an old car charger with a USB-A input you could even just buy a USB-C cord and use that.

they made the part where you put the cord into the phone of the S9+ a little bigger. Not the USB end but the cord that goes into the phone. So I'm not sure the cable cord is going to fit with the S9+

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I'm confused about fast charging though.what wall plugs apart from the OEM give it? And are the USB c cables all basically the same??

It has to be at least 2.0 Quick charge capable for a wall charger to be fast charging for the S9/S9+
This article has a list of fast charging wall chargers:

https://wccftech.com/top-best-galaxy-s9-fast-chargers/

All USB-C cables can be used for data transfer but not charging so you have to be sure you use one for charging. If you buy it with a wall or car charger of course you'll be good. These days most are made for both but you have to make sure for the older ones.

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
they made the part where you put the cord into the phone of the S9+ a little bigger. Not the USB end but the cord that goes into the phone. So I'm not sure the cable cord is going to fit with the S9+

I'm not sure what you're saying? Both ends are USB. The bigger side(part that goes in the charger) is USB-A & the part that goes in the phone is USB-C. What kind of phone did you have before? I'm assuming it used a USB-micro B and that's the change you're talking about but am not sure.

Last edited:

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure what you're saying? Both ends are USB. The bigger side(part that goes in the charger) is USB-A & the part that goes in the phone is USB-C. What kind of phone did you have before? I'm assuming it used a USB-micro B and that's the change you're talking about but am not sure.

I had a S7 Edge before. My dad did too. And he tried to put the cord into his S9+ and it wouldn't fit.

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
I had a S7 Edge before. My dad did too. And he tried to put the cord into his S9+ and it wouldn't fit.

Yeah, the S7 Edge used the USB Micro B so the cord for it wouldn't work. The S9+ uses USB-C so any charger with it will work. The link I posted will definitely work for you. The first Samsung that used it was the S8/S8+... Actually the Note 7 was the first. Anyway if you see that its compatible with the S8 it'll work with your phone. Hope I've helped...

Abbers727

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, the S7 Edge used the USB Micro B so the cord for it wouldn't work. The S9+ uses USB-C so any charger with it will work. The link I posted will definitely work for you. The first Samsung that used it was the S8/S8+... Actually the Note 7 was the first. Anyway if you see that its compatible with the S8 it'll work with your phone. Hope I've helped...

Okay, thanks. I just didn't want to buy something that isn't going to fit into the S9+.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm not always good at explaining what I mean. So thanks for your patience.

KP8819

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Okay, thanks. I just didn't want to buy something that isn't going to fit into the S9+.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm not always good at explaining what I mean. So thanks for your patience.

I understand, I can be the same way at times... All this stuff can get confusing.
No worries & no apology needed. Glad I could help.

lukadabuca

Mar 18, 2018
Visit site
It has to be at least 2.0 Quick charge capable for a wall charger to be fast charging for the S9/S9+
This article has a list of fast charging wall chargers:

https://wccftech.com/top-best-galaxy-s9-fast-chargers/

All USB-C cables can be used for data transfer but not charging so you have to be sure you use one for charging. If you buy it with a wall or car charger of course you'll be good. These days most are made for both but you have to make sure for the older ones.
Amazing. Thanks man