OTAO Tempered Glass Protector for the Galaxy S9+

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Given the nature of Samsung’s curved displays in their flagship smartphones, it's often difficult to find the screen protector that supports those curved screens. I did find one that works very well for the Note 8 and when the same screen protector was available for the Galaxy S9+, I wasn’t hesitant to grab the opportunity to review. This is the review of the OTAO 9H glass film screen protector for the Galaxy S9+.

OTAO is probably, in my opinion, the best screen protector you can buy for Samsung’s curved screen for many reasons. The first and important reason is that it manages to protect those curved edges which many other screen protectors fail to do so. Second, its a delight using your device with the screen protector as the touch sensitivity is just as same as without the protector. Third, with the right amount of space around the edges, this screen protector offers a case friendly design supporting various cases for your device.

IMG_1925.jpg

Installation

The screen protector package comes with an installation tray, accessories such as wet and dry cleaning cloth, instructions and of course the screen protector.

IMG_1928.jpg

If you are looking for a stress-free installation, then you will like the OTAO’s installation tray as it makes installing the screen protector simple. First, clean your phone’s screen with the provided wet and dry cloth to make sure there aren’t any dust particles on the screen. Next, place the tray on the phone.

IMG_1929.jpg

Once the tray is aligned properly, you are now ready to install the screen protector on your phone. Just line up the screen protector with the tray and you are done!

To complete the installation, remove the tray and press firmly along the sides of the screen protector as the adhesive is on the sides of the protector. Not to mention the installation is bubble free as well.

IMG_1937.jpg

Design

The screen protector covers the sides really well leaving enough space to support cases.

The front camera and IR sensors are not covered on the top though. Something to keep in mind if this is important to you.

IMG_1924.jpg

As I said earlier, the screen protector’s touch sensitivity is excellent. The screen protector also doesn’t in any way alter or degrade the viewing experience.

I used few different cases with the screen protector and found no issues. The protector stayed intact and did not lift up when installing or removing the case. Pretty good fit.

IMG_1933.jpg

Conclusion

I think OTAO tempered glass film protector is an excellent choice for your Samsung Galaxy S9+. If you are looking for that one screen protector which is easy to install and works flawlessly that you would end up forgetting your phone has a screen protector, then look no further than the OTAO screen protector!

IMG_1938.jpg

You can buy the screen protector from Amazon for just $12.99. And if the screen protector does not work or has issues with the installation, OTAO will reship you a new one!

IMG_1932.jpg

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Just speaking from my limited experience and I haven't tried this one, but a full adhesive tgsp does a better job than one with just adhesive on the sides.

Although the ones with adhesive in the sides only are easier to install.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Just speaking from my limited experience and I haven't tried this one, but a full adhesive tgsp does a better job than one with just adhesive on the sides.

Although the ones with adhesive in the sides only are easier to install.

It certainly depends on the brand. OTAO has been great so far. I haven't had any issues with the ones for S9+ and Note 8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech