New Spigen Purple Case for the S9+

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I bought the Ultra Hybrid clear case for my 9+ but the clear case still skewed the color somewhat and I haven't been happy with it. It was a fingerprint magnet too. I don't know if this is new or I just missed it the first time. The color is nearly spot and and the icing on the cake is that it's a shimmery matte finish....no finger prints! It also has cut outs so the original buttons are exposed...thank you! Perfect! The ring is from Case-Mate.
$10 for the Spigen case
$15 for the Case-Mate ring

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6260124

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6260124

Picture taken with Pixel 2 XL
purple.jpg

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Spigen Thin Fit Galaxy S9 Plus Case with SF Coated Non Slip Matte Surface for Excellent Grip and QNMP Compatible for Galaxy S9 Plus (2018) - Lilac Purple

scottbeamer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I bought the Ultra Hybrid clear case for my 9+ but the clear case still skewed the color somewhat and I haven't been happy with it. It was a fingerprint magnet too. I don't know if this is new or I just missed it the first time. The color is nearly spot and and the icing on the cake is that it's a shimmery matte finish....no finger prints! It also has cut outs so the original buttons are exposed...thank you! Perfect! The ring is from Case-Mate.
$10 for the Spigen case

What is the ring for?

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I ordered one in choral blue last night. Says delivery between June 26 and July 5. Hopefully it doesn't take that long. Lol

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
$10 for the Spigen case

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6261720

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6261720

Picture taken with Pixel 2 XL
View attachment 285105

Considering you have both phones . How have you been finding the comparisons between the two? Specifically in terms of camera. I have Pixel 2XL and someone wants to trade me the S9+. I had a short time with the galaxy during release and felt underwhelmed by the camera , but I very well couldve had a defected one as I believe I suffered from lens flare on it. Just curious your thoughts if you could provide any. Thanks.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Considering you have both phones . How have you been finding the comparisons between the two? Specifically in terms of camera. I have Pixel 2XL and someone wants to trade me the S9+. I had a short time with the galaxy during release and felt underwhelmed by the camera , but I very well couldve had a defected one as I believe I suffered from lens flare on it. Just curious your thoughts if you could provide any. Thanks.

This is really tough (for me) to answer and my decision ultimately didn't even come down to which camera was best (even tho that was my primary goal at first). I bought the Pixel first, for myself. The first test I did with it was indoor with low light. NOT impressed! I did comparison shots with my S7 and in that particular scenario the S7 did much better :eek: Few days later I took a front facing picture with my grandson (Pixel 2 XL). It was total perfection! I don't think I've taken as good a front facing shot with the S9+

I've watched 100 Pixel 2 XL vs S9+ comparisons by the big tech gurus on You Tube and even some from not so big gurus :) The results are almost always "too close to call". For every reason to buy one over the other, there was a reason not to. Ultimately, I bought the S9+ and gave the Pixel 2 XL to my husband. I've taken several comparison shots with both and have come to the same conclusion as others on YT...too close to call! But if someone put a gun to my head and said I HAD to make a choice LOL I think I'd say the Pixel 2 XL. Let's just say I'm glad we have both in the family!

I'm a Samsung fan from way back. I'm a Galaxy series fan from way back. The S9+ screen resolution wins hands down. Display has always been a big factor for me from my computer monitor screens to tablets to phones. I missed not having the manual options in the Pixel plus other cool camera options. Samsung is known for some really great software on their phones. I missed that too. Overall I missed the whole Samsung experience. The Pixel was too stripped down for my liking. When my husband asks me to do something with his phone (he's not a phone-addict, he just uses it to communicate), I'm always shocked to see how fewer options there are or ways to configure something. I guess that's that "pure Andriod" feel (that a lot of people seem to like).

So even tho I might have to agree that the Pixel 2 XL has a slight edge over the S9+ in image quality (in some scenarios), the stripped down camera functions and lack of other phone features AND the lesser display made me jump back on the Samsung wagon :) I'm happy with my decision :)

FWIW, there is a Pixel 2 XL camera (APK?) download you can put on the S9+ that is supposed to result in Pixel quality images. I haven't explored that option yet. Hope this helped at least a little!