Galaxy S9 - Case for Protection Recomendations

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Ok, after my Blackberry travel app stopped working this past week, and my batteries having issues on my last trip in May on my Blackberry Curve 9360, it's time to get into the 21st Century.

With that, I'm probably getting a Galaxy S9. I think this will be on par with being one of the smaller smartphones out there (seems to be about the same physical size as the Google Pixel 2).

My question is, to keep my phone as thin and least bulky as possible. What is a good recommended protection case to use for it? Do I also need something for the screen in addition?

Did research, but seems there are just so many options for cases and protection that I'm overwhelmed by trying to figure out the one that's right for me. I know for the Google Pix 2 I was going to get the "Spigen Tough Armor" so I am thinking of this for the S9. Or is there something better with a similar thin size?

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I went with the Samsung OEM silicone case on my S9. Very thin. Feels grippy yet velvety smooth. Decent price too. $30 @ Best Buy. Seen cheaper on Amazon but I needed it asap.

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I got the Otterbox Clear Symmetry .
Has a tight fit heavy clear around entire phone and high raised ridges at top and bottom.

I almost feel like the side edges should go up above the curved edges - even if it slightly interferes ...but no one does that.

The clear bumper feels like a slim case but actually a bit thicker- nice to grip, reassuring AND clear bumper catches the light from room or edge lighting in a nice way .
Looks nice !

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok, after my Blackberry travel app stopped working this past week, and my batteries having issues on my last trip in May on my Blackberry Curve 9360, it's time to get into the 21st Century.

With that, I'm probably getting a Galaxy S9. I think this will be on par with being one of the smaller smartphones out there (seems to be about the same physical size as the Google Pixel 2).

My question is, to keep my phone as thin and least bulky as possible. What is a good recommended protection case to use for it? Do I also need something for the screen in addition?

Did research, but seems there are just so many options for cases and protection that I'm overwhelmed by trying to figure out the one that's right for me. I know for the Google Pix 2 I was going to get the "Spigen Tough Armor" so I am thinking of this for the S9. Or is there something better with a similar thin size?

For thin size i cant say much. But for protection as in utter protection i would say RhinoShield SolidSuit or UAG Monarch...

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
+1 for spigen they have the full gammet. On my S7 I had a Spigen Thinfit. I loved how it felt but no drop protection. I didn't want to get into a bulkier case because I keep my phone in dress pants pocket. For my S9+ I got the Spigen Liquid Air which I never really noticed before. I really like it. I saw someone else on a forum comment on the Thinfit 360 which might be of interest too.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The lightest case with good protection is the Rhinoshield crash guard bumper case with 11' drop rating

jettrue

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
The lightest case with good protection is the Rhinoshield crash guard bumper case with 11' drop rating

I second this. I like how it shows off the phone, yet it's decently protective. I love it except for needing a handle on my phone. Getting a removable popsocket (cheesy I know) but I work at a hospital and do a lot of walking and using my phone

gmlongo

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a Speck Presidio clear case for my S9+. It looks great, and fits perfectly. Supposedly has drop protection up to 8ft. But it is SLIPPERY.