Smart Lock not so smart?

BKDGalaxyS9

May 14, 2020
Visit site
Hello! I have a Galaxy S9 on Verizon and running Android 10. I have fingerprint security enabled, trusted places with multiple coordinates for home and work and trusted devices set for my Ford Sync system. Before the 10 update with smart lock enabled I could turn on my phone and most of the time bypass the fingerprint sign in with trusted places and all the time with trusted devices (Sync). Since the update to 10 I have added a Galaxy Watch bluetoothed to the phone. Now about half the time when I'm in the car the phone requires fingerprint sign in even connected to the car and watch when I'm trying to launch Google Maps or Pandora or other apps. It will also randomly require fingerprint sign in when away from the car and connected to the watch. Is there a new setting i'm missing the times out? Does anybody else have a this problem? Thanks for reading my rant!

BKDGalaxyS9

May 14, 2020
Visit site
Well it still does the same thing! In reality it's not a big problem to sign in with the S9 except when in the holder in my car and that is when there are 2 Trusted Devices (Sync and Watch) connected. If you have any others ideas I'll be willing to try them.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well it still does the same thing! In reality it's not a big problem to sign in with the S9 except when in the holder in my car and that is when there are 2 Trusted Devices (Sync and Watch) connected. If you have any others ideas I'll be willing to try them.
If its trusted Bluetooth might want reset network in settings for that , or use on body detection , if left for 4 hours it will lock again.

Here's a guide to go over see if you can catch anything helpful, also you can create custom locations .

https://support.google.com/android/answer/9075927?hl=en

mills23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't see the option for smartlock on my s10...am I missing something?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200719-102000_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20200719-102000_Settings.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 11

mills23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I did and that led me to that screen.... but I did some more research and I didn't have my settings right for it to show 🤦🏼*♀️

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21