Samsung Galaxy S9+ unlocked won't connect?

demonicvampiregirl

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I have a refurbished Samsung Galaxy S9+ from a different website that isn't the carrier (backmarket) it was said it was unlocked to work with T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T and Verizon. Well, Verizon is the service I want to use and the sim card I have installed. Apparently on StraightTalks website, my phone is active. However, booting my phone it still says T-Mobile and I cannot call, text or even use data on my phone. I have tried everything suggested from taking the sim card out, rebooting my phone every 20 or so minutes for an hour, to changing some settings in the phone.

Anyone got suggestions on how to help? It's supposed to be switching to Verizon but wont, it still constantly says T-Mobile. I don't want to send it back and I currently do not have a working phone as my Samsung Galaxy S6 is now deactivated due to them switching the service.

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
If it shows the t-mobile logo when you power the phone on then I think it means the phone was (and maybe still is) locked on t-mobile.
Go to settings, about phone, status, sim card status.
What does it show there?

demonicvampiregirl

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
If it shows the t-mobile logo when you power the phone on then I think it means the phone was (and maybe still is) locked on t-mobile.
Go to settings, about phone, status, sim card status.
What does it show there?

It says network not available, mobile network state is unknown, service state is out of service, IMS registration status is not registered, signal strength is -113 bDm 0 asu, mobile voice network type unknown, mobile data network type unknown, and roaming is not roaming.

We even contacted t-mobile and they said it wasn't locked. So I have no idea what to do from there. I even tried a trick I saw on a YT video, but I think my connection in my house isn't helping for that. May have to go somewhere else and try it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Go to settings >about phone >software information> post a screen shot of that page .

Then go to settings >connection >mobile network >access point > screen shot of that and network tap with screen shot.

demonicvampiregirl

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
I hope these are correct. Was not sure which one you wanted for the network tab.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200521-095558_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20200521-095558_Settings.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20200521-100034_Call settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20200521-100034_Call settings.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20200521-100043_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20200521-100043_Settings.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 10

demonicvampiregirl

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
You can leave the sim card in.

Alright, thank you!

Go to settings >about phone >software information> post a screen shot of that page .

Then go to settings >connection >mobile network >access point > screen shot of that and network tap with screen shot.

Let me know if you need anything else and if the network one is the correct tab you wanted. Will do the factory reset after you reply so I'm not messing anything up.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Alright, thank you!

Let me know if you need anything else and if the network one is the correct tab you wanted. Will do the factory reset after you reply so I'm not messing anything up.
Ok this phone is orginally sprint, looks like you had tmobile sim with tap talk , now you want use Verizon ? Do you have the Verizon sim in it ? There is No APN

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh, sorry I thought tap talk was it's own service. Dx But yes, it's straight talk, verizon and sim card is within my phone.
No my fault mixed the names up lol

Umm..try resetting the APN see if it populates one , like in your screen shot, straight talk is little funny with these phones

demonicvampiregirl

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
No my fault mixed the names up lol

Umm..try resetting the APN see if it populates one , like in your screen shot, straight talk is little funny with these phones

Okay, so I just noticed there was an app for T-mobile that would unlock my phone, going into it, it says it's locked. Would a factory reset fix that with the new sim card in?