The broken Android Auto on Android 10 issue has pushed me over the edge. Last night I downgraded to Android 9.

I flashed the T-Mobile firmware (I'm in the US.) While I'm on T-Mobile now, the phone is unlocked.

Although I disabled Auto Updates, T-Mobile saw the device as needing an update before I could get the disabling of Auto Update completed. It appears T-Mobile won't let you decline an update. So as of now my system will update to Android 10 automatically tomorrow.

Does anyone know if/how I can stop this? Or alternatively, do other vendors' firmwares force an update to be accepted? (Part of this question also address a more detailed question: At sammobile.com there are two Android US firmwares listed as "Unknown (XAS)" and "Unknown (BST)". Can someone explain these?) I haven't spent too much time customizing the phone since downgrading. So flashing different firmware now would be easy.

Thanks!

Jim
    06-21-2020 10:03 AM
    Hi
    Get Package Disabler Pro to disable any software update . https://www.packagedisabler.com/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-21-2020 10:11 AM
    Thanks! It seems to have worked great! The notification the update would be automatically installed has gone away.

Great app!

Jim
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-21-2020 11:12 PM
    Thanks! It seems to have worked great! The notification the update would be automatically installed has gone away.

Great app!

Jim
    Your welcome!
    Thats a great app every Samsung owner should have along with Samsung Good Lock
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-22-2020 12:14 AM