Why does my S9 say " Security policy prevents use of camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakaria Ouh

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
So , after about 1 year of absence from Android central platform here I'm again. Today I had this " never seen before weird issue " when I tried to capture a cute Chameleon and out of the blue I had a pop-up saying " Security policy prevents use of camera ! "
It' weird since I disabled " auto update security policy " a long time ago to avoid such problems but here I'm facing it. As it's said " Expect the unexpected ".
For the record , I have an outlook account on my device used in galaxy store , Bixby and adobe premiere pro.
yesterday , I sent an email to my bank complaining about some issues related to my declared salaries using the outlook acount mentioned above.
And today , none of the camera or microphone works !
did some researches online and found out that samsung is responsible for this.
I bought my phone second hand and used. therefore , I don't wanna email samsung and complain about this problem. I'm afraid my phone was obviously stolen and if I submit a complaint they might blacklist it once and for all.
is there any way that I can fix this problem ? any workaround would be appreciated , guys.
My phone is running android 10 beta 3.
Security policy app / package is no longer is no longer available under my apps tab. Also the option to update security policy has vanished from biometrics and security.
please help me out guys.
Zack.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
re: Why does my S9 say " Security policy prevents use of camera?

Hi, welcome back:)

Check the permissions for camera app , by long pressing it then tap info , scroll to permissions see if anything needs to be enabled?

Zakaria Ouh

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site

Hi, welcome back:)

Check the permissions for camera app , by long pressing it then tap info , scroll to permissions see if anything needs to be enabled?

I have tried everything like clear data / cash /
give permissions / clear cash through recovery and none of that seemed to fix the issue.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I have tried everything like clear data / cash /
give permissions / clear cash through recovery and none of that seemed to fix the issue.
Gotcha, go settings under device administrator is anything besides find my phone?

This a work phone or personal?

Zakaria Ouh

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site

Gotcha, go settings under device administrator is anything besides find my phone?

This a work phone or personal?

There was actually " Nova launcher " which I uninstalled later today after doubting it.
But I never gave it administrator permission though.
It' actually a personal phone but as I said in my OG post I had to send an email to my bank complaining about something yesterday using the email that's used in my Bixby , adobe premiere pro ( an outlook ) and today the problem showed up.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

There was actually " Nova launcher " which I uninstalled later today after doubting it.
But I never gave it administrator permission though.
It' actually a personal phone but as I said in my OG post I had to send an email to my bank complaining about something yesterday using the email that's used in my Bixby , adobe premiere pro ( an outlook ) and today the problem showed up.
Try safe mode , see if it works .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Tried it too, bro. To no avail ������
Can give you 2 more things to try before I tell you factory reset.

1.Settings >app >3 dots tap>reset app preferences (will enable disabled apps)

2. Settings >general management >reset >reset settings (will put home screen back to stock if customize)

Zakaria Ouh

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site

Can give you 2 more things to try before I tell you factory reset.

1.Settings >app >3 dots tap>reset app preferences (will enable disabled apps)

2. Settings >general management >reset >reset settings (will put home screen back to stock if customize)

Done and the problem is still there 😳

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200715-204218_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20200715-204218_One UI Home.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 11

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Oh wow

You dont use any app cleaners, anti virus application?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Good point
Go settings >type in search bar security policy see for update or toggle on Screenshot_20200715-174231_Settings.jpeg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Just like this ? I Toggled it on since the problem started.
What can I do next ?
Try this

Go settings >apps>3 dots upper right corner tap>select system apps find device security ,then storage clear data,cache and force stop see what happens , dont toggle on if its off Screenshot_20200715-184846_Settings.jpeg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

You mentioned getting the phone second-hand -- do you know if the phone was properly factory reset prior to you buying it? Was the previous owner's Google and Samsung accounts removed prior to the factory reset?

Any way to find out if this was a work phone for the previous owner, provided by (or supervised by) their workplace IT?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I have failed to read OP whole post, your in beta 3 andriod 10? Revert back to public release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835