Customizing Do Not Disturb rules in Galaxy S9+ Android 10

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I used to (I think in Android 9) be able to manually access the default Android interface for DND, instead of going through Samsung's "improvement" with fewer useful features. However, the link I had created for that stopped working with Android 10. Does anyone know how to do that now?

The main feature I am looking for is for DND to turn off when my alarm goes off. Since I can't set multiple days for DND, I always have my DND set to turn off at 8:30, and then whenever my alarm goes off before then, DND went off with it. Now I have to do it manually, which is only a problem because I USED to have a solution.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

moviecane

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I definitely did not do it with Bixby, because I never really use Bixby. It was something that went around Samsung to get to the base version of Android, it didn't use Samsung.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I definitely did not do it with Bixby, because I never really use Bixby. It was something that went around Samsung to get to the base version of Android, it didn't use Samsung.
Hi , welcome to AC!

[I'll move this to s9+ forum for more specific traffic ]

moviecane

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that I want to be able to have it turn off at different times on the weekends, which is not an option. That is why I want the alarm to turn off the DND.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The problem is that I want to be able to have it turn off at different times on the weekends, which is not an option. That is why I want the alarm to turn off the DND.
You should really look into bixby routines , in the notifications panel

moviecane

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I am willing, but I don't see Bixby Routines in the notifications panel. I also try saying Bixby Routines to Bixby, and it brought me to WiFi settings.

dbollman423

May 17, 2017
Visit site
Settings/Notifications/Do not Disturb

create a day.
name that schedule.
save that schedule.
press "+" at top right.
create a scedule for another day(s).
save that schedule.

Keep repeating.

The big plus sign doesn't appear until you've added the first schedule.

moviecane

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, dbollman423. Not quite as good of a solution of what I used to have, but much better than what I have had for the past few months. I will use that until I can find something that is based on the alarm.

Mustang, believe it or not, Bixby Routines is not under advanced features. I don't know if that is because it is an S9+ or what.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you, dbollman423. Not quite as good of a solution of what I used to have, but much better than what I have had for the past few months. I will use that until I can find something that is based on the alarm.

Mustang, believe it or not, Bixby Routines is not under advanced features. I don't know if that is because it is an S9+ or what.
It's possible, are you on Andriod 10 UI 2.5 ?