[Q] Not receiving SMS code for Samsung Two-step verification

karimkahale

Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I've been having some trouble trying to sign into my Samsung account(s).

I've always used SMS verification, and it would generally work without any problem.

I am from Lebanon, and my country code is +961.

For a few weeks now, when signing in from my phone or laptop, I NEVER receive any verification SMS from Samsung.

I even made multiple accounts with different mobile numbers, but the issue remains even with the different accounts.

Unfortunately I have no backup codes saved, and I am currently logged out in browser.

Any suggestions would be more than appreciated.

Thank You.
Have a nice day.

karimkahale

Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
I believe I have truecaller in the background, I will try freezing the app then launching two-step verification via sms again. Will update you asap.

karimkahale

Sep 3, 2020
Visit site
I have tried uninstalling Truecaller, but still no luck.
I even tried removing the sim card and installing it in another device, no luck.
I have tried signing in from my laptop instead, still no SMS.

I have to note that my Samsung Galaxy S9 is rooted and has magisk and edxposed installed.

:bummer:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have any rooting experience, but it's certainly possible the modifications are contributing to the problem. @mustang7757, what do you think?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Anytime your rooted , and change things around can cause problems especially exposed modules and anything else. I would go back to stock using odin flash the stock firmware to for sure what the issue is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781